The Twilight Saga

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group, and although I've been a massive fan of the genre for years, for some reason The Twilight Saga didn't enter my life until just recently. Needless to say, it seems to have taken over my life now. I've read all of the books, but I don't own them. I've seen the paperback editions in the bookshop but somehow they don't seem powerful enough for me to own, even though I had to read the books in paperback form.

Has anyone in Australia seen a really beautiful Twilight set? I got so excited the other day when I saw a beautiful Twilight tin, but it just had blank journals. I'm looking for something special, definitely hard cover, maybe a limited edition? I have some money that someone gifted to me to buy something very special with, and this feels to me the exact thing.

I am not only interested in the four books, but also the accompanying books and guides. I would like to own everything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I wonder if maybe I'll feel a little less like I'm living in the "Twilight" zone when I can see the actual, physical books in my home and know I can pick them up and read them at any time.

Thanks for reading this, and thank you for a wonderful place to visit and see how massive this phenomenon is. That I'm not alone.

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

Yes there is a hard cover box set. It is around $125 I think. Where abouts are you? I have seen it at a couple of bookshops. Thought about it myself but have them already in paperback.
That sounds perfect! I am in Tasmania. I haven't seen them in any bookshop here but maybe one of them could order them for me?

Have you bought any of the "companion" books? Thanks so much for your reply by the way. I'm just finishing reading Midnight Sun, a guilty pleasure, but it was impossible for me not to read it, and to not search out others "endings". I don't know what I'll do next, I guess just start from the beginning again!
I've held out and purchased the HB collections edition only Twilight and NM are released at this stage but the books are beautiful. Check them out on Amazon I bought mine from the US it was cheaper than purchasing them locally.
I got my regular editions which I read and pass around to friends, but I've also purchased a hardcover set first edition print from Ebay. I've seen them at Dymocks I think. Came encased in a box with a sheet for each book aswell with a saying on it. I love it and have only let my best friend read that one as another friend had Twilight at the time. It's my very own special treasure......
Well today was the day! And last night was the night! Let me explain!

Last night I finally got to see New Moon. My husband came with me, which was OK, but I can't wait to go and see it again on Wednesday by myself. Then I can really concentrate! I'm not a Jacob lover so found his presence and Bella's relationship with him annoying, I just wanted Edward back where he belongs. Anyway, it was beautiful and I'm so glad they are going to do the last two books as well. I wish they were showing the first film again as well, it would be wonderful to sit through both in front of the big screen at the same time!

Today I went into my local Dymocks and bought the hard cover boxed Twilight Saga set. It was $145 but I had seen it on their website for less so they matched that price, making it just $116. I can't believe I own it, it is beautiful. They also had the paperback versions on special - buy all 4 for the price of 3. The shop assistant cheerfully said to me "so that's another present you can cross off your shopping list" and I said "no, actually it's my own personal obsession" and left.

Now I'm just going to keep an eye out for a really special DVD release and also of course for the companion books.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I am a much happier woman tonight. Edward and Bella are waiting on my pillow for when I crawl into bed, and the rest of the boxed set is sitting in pride of place on my dressing table, so all is good in the world!
Wow!! That's great. Gotta be happy with that! I ordered my Mum the Bella St Jude bracelet from the U.S. and it came so fast. Totally surprised me (-:
my hardcovers are classified as limited editions. they have ribbon bookmarks , cloth hardcovers , rough cut pages , Stephenie's signature printed inside and come in individual dust boxes.and so far they have only been released one book per year. but you can still buy them online. or ordered through bookshops. I bought both Twi. & NM through Fishpond.com which is an Aust. branch of Amazon. but I have seen them in bookshops as well. I also bought from Big W. a hard cover with dust jacket copy of BD ( american release) with a DVD in the back of the " Twilight concert series" in the back with the lyrics of the songs in the back of the book. and the inside of the cover is a hand drawn poster... I also bought from Barnes & Noble the giant chess pieces that are on the cover of BD which are really book ends..

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service