The Twilight Saga

Do you dislike Bella for at least one of the following reasons?

1. She gets whatever she wants.

2. She's stubborn.

3. She gets to have kids.

4. She keeps Renesmee away from Rosalie, like, all the time after she wakes up from the change.

5. Nessie likes Rosalie but Bella doesn't think she's a good influnce on her.

These were commented on here, and I am posting them. Thanks!!

6. in every scene she is paler than Edward or blue. Smurf Vampire!!

7.in the Twilight meadow scene, she is stuffed wrong so 1 boob is bigger than the other.

8. Even reading in Bella's POV, you still don't know what she wants half the time.

9. She was fickled and went back and forth between Edward and Jacob, leading them both on.

10. She supposdely loved Edward enough to sacrifice everything and spend eterenity with him, but didn't want to marry him.....what?!!

11.She is intimidated by Rosalie because she is so beautiful and assumes the worst of Rose unitl she hears her story.

12. She got mad at the Cullens in Breaking Dawn for being annoyed by Jacob, but didn't care that Jacob was disrespectful toward them and Edward.

13.She is quick to yell at Edward but lets Jacob walk all over her.

14. She complains about Leah's "ANNOYING pacing" of course Leah would be angry seth got hurt becaus of Bella! Bella's lucky Leah didn't attack her-she should be grateful!!!

15. She asks Rosalie to help her during the pregnancy, but is quick to take Nessie from Rose when she's a vampire and barely lets her see Nessie!! 

The list goes on and on!!

If you have anymore reasons please post them in a comment, and I'll add them on here!! Thanks!!

Tags: Bella, Dislike, Nessie, Rosalie, hate, reasons

Views: 61

Replies to This Discussion

I know!!! This "Bella is the best" crap, it makes me sick. No one likes Rosalie. and for that matter, Leah, cause they're basically the same.
I think what annoyed me is even when reading from Bella's POV....I still didnt know what she wanted half of the time!
-She was fickled and kept going back and forth between Edward and Jacob leading them both on.
-She supposedly loved Edward enough to sacrifice everything and spend eternity with him.....but she didnt want to marry him....what!!!!!
-She is intimidated by Rosalie because she is so beautiful and assumes the worst of Rose until she hears her story.
-She got mad at the Cullens in BD for being annoyed by Jacob, but didnt care that Jacob was disrespectful toward them and Edward.
-She is quick to yell at Edward but lets Jacob walk all over her.

The list goes on and on!!! Team Rosalie, Team Edward, and Team Cullen forever!
I know, right?!! You are exactly correct!!
Thanks guys!! Your reasons are posted up there.
Thanks!! Your reasons are being posted today!
that's ok!
I'm not a big Bella fan (not even close, really) but some of these reasons aren't exactly accurate.

You say that you dislike Bella because she is stubborn. Rosalie is stubborn, too... In fact, the trait that is enhanced when Rosalie is turned into a vampire is not her beauty, like so many seem to think, it's her tenacity (which has to do with being stubborn). Of course, I suppose you could love Rosalie and still dislike that one trait...

And then there's, "she keeps Renesmee away from Rosalie, like, all the time after she wakes up from the change." Ok, Rosalie acted as mother while for the two+ days Bella was changing, and even when Bella wakes up Rosalie still gets to be with Renesmee - just because we don't get to see every second of every moment in the book, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And Renesmee is Bella's child. Her daughter who she went through hell to have. A daughter she has a right to hold in her arms however much she pleases, and I know Rosalie understands this and keeps a respectful distance. But Bella doesn't hog Renesmee... Jacob does.

And as for "Nessie likes Rosalie but Bella doesn't think she's a good influnce on her." Where does it say that, let alone imply it in the book?

What I dislike about Bella, though, is her selfishness and her lack of confidence. She's annoyingly insecure all the time and it drives me crazy. And she doesn't really try to see things from Edward's perspective when it comes to her changing or marriage. Or even his perspective on Jacob, even though she lets Jacob get away with a bunch of crap.
I agree. I dont like Bella because she is fickled, selfish, and never gives Edward leeway about stuff. He made a huge mistake but she will wave it over his head anytime she wants something in return. Plus, I hate how she lets Jacob manipulate her. Jacob will say and do something completely out of line but at the end of the day Jake is just Jake in her mind. With Edward, dont let him do something to stand up for himself or Bella will be all over him. It is really quite ridiculous. I dont mind her stubbornness. I mind her ridiculous amount of insecurities. Not wanting any gifts on her bday to the point of wanting to throw a temper tantrum, always questioning Edward's love no matter how much he says it and that was even before New Moon, she just annoys me with her over the top behavior. I like a little stubbornness, a little bit of insecurity, a little sarcasm, but Bella is a complete extreme. Plus you are right about her never stopping to see things from Edward's POV. She always just brushed him off. He was just being overprotective in her mind so that's why he didnt want her around Jacob......did she ever stop to think that not only was Jake a temperamental wolf who could lose control (ie. Emily) but there was also a vengeful vampire that was faster and stronger than the wolves and would stop at nothing to kill Bella? It made sense to me even reading from her POV so I didnt understand why it was such a far-fetched idea in her mind.
I don't think I dislike her. She's supposed to be imperfect, her flaws are just natural and they make her seem more real.
I think her flaws are over the top. Edward has flaws, Jacob has flaws, they all have flaws, but her flaws are completely overexaggerated. She is clumsy to the point of barely being able to make it through one day without falling on her face, she hates gifts to the extent of being furious at her boyfriend because he wants to get her one, she is supposedly very independent and strong but can be manipulated by Jacob with him barely even trying. I agree that flaws make characters seem real, but exagerrated flaws make them become unrealistic all over again.
My point exactly.
OMG how can you say that!???! I like Bella and Rose and Leah! Just don't be mean to Bella

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service