The Twilight Saga

Jacob's Invitation To Bella's Wedding: Was It Right Or Wrong Of Edward To Extend It ? And Was It Right Or Wrong Of Jacob To Accept It ?

Discussion KSDE101809 By Doc B
Jacob's Invitation To Bella's Wedding: Was It Right Or Wrong Of Edward To Extend It ? And Was It Right Or Wrong Of Jacob To Accept It ?

Question no. 1: Do you think that Edward made the correct decision when he invited Jacob, to attend his and Bella's wedding ? And why ?
Question no. 2: Having watched Jacob experience the joy, the love, the pain, and the anguish of a broken heart, would you have advised Jacob to attend Bella's wedding.

Saga relevance: Jacob was stunned when he opened the invitation to Bella Swan's wedding, and discovered that it was from Edward Cullen! (The thought: Will there be NO END to this pain, must have gone through his mind) The "man" that had beaten him, in his desperate fight for Bella's love, was now inviting him to watch the two of them marry. In his mind their wedding also guaranteed the death of the woman he still so desperatley loved. (The woman who had brought him both the greatest joy, and the most bitter pain of his life.)
On the other hand Edward appreciated Jacob's help. But he also knew the invitation would be painful for Jacob to rieieve. And that it might turn his and Bella's wedding into "quite literaly" a blood bath.

Alice had planned a beautiful wedding for Bella at the Cullen's estate. And she had one of the fastest rising stars in the fashion world create a spectacular dress for Bella. She had instructed the designer to use Edward's mother's antique wedding ring as an inspiration.
And Alice had even personally designed the lace for Bella's dress.
But had she been able to read werewolfs' futures as easily as she did vampires, she would have foreseen Jacob, shimmering as he prepared to shift into a werewolf, to kill her brother at the wedding.

There were certainly pros and cons that both Edward and Jacob had to weigh, before they made their decisions. How would you have advised them ?

We sincerely look forward to learning your opinion. To both increase our understanding and our enjoyment of the "Twilight Saga."

Most sincerely, your friend,
Doc B,
How To Join The Rose Discussion Group. And Be Notified Of Our Daily Discussions: Just Go To MY Page http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/profile/BurleighJmatthew
And hit the "Want to be a Friend" icon under the (Avatar) picture of the big "Reading Bear"

http://tinyurl.com/kpgvsr

Views: 1460

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you trinity,
I think it was wise for him to be outside until after the ceremony was over. It would have been too painful to watch I think.
in my mind i believe Edward did the thing that Bella needed , he is doing that for her. i am sure he wouldn’t have done it , if he didn’t feel Bella's grief over the loss of her relationship with Jacob. He already knows that Bella is giving up very important relations in her life to be with him. So Edward in order to make Bella happy he invited Jake. I think in a way Edward was trying also to thank Jake bcoz he kept her safe when he left.

on the other hand Jake acted in a way better than i thought he will , he came and he kept his promise that he made to Bella in New moon in the day of his 1st transformation , he said that he will be there for her and he did .

Now i hate how Bella acted, even though that i am a Team Edward member , but i resented her behavior towards him
she used Jake from the 1st day she met him and now she is sharing info about intimate subject with him without considering his heartbreak. i think she should have been more sensitive !!!

Dear Alias,
First I would like to compliment you on the number and excellent quality of the discussions you have started. I have wanted to share more in them. But it has been crazy around here. Thankfully things are slowing down.
A, Edward did the thing that Bella needed, Doc, Great point: In a similar way Alice's wedding plans may have been overwhelming to Bella. But in the end Bella ended up treasuring her wedding. As you point out Edward's actions were in the end what Bella needed.
A, Edward was trying also to thank Jake, Doc, another excellent point, I agree with you I think that Edward always sincerely appreciated Jacob saving "his Bella's" life. EQ "I have come to think of you as a brother." JQ, "to himself "Right one that smells just terrible."
A, he said that he will be there for her, Doc true in many ways it must have been a miserable experience for Jackob to go through.
A, she used Jake from the 1st day she met him and now she is sharing info about intimate subject with him without considering his heartbreak. Doc, Right, Bella did use Jacob from day one. I think that she did develop sincere feeling for him. But when someone uses some one the way she did Jacob, I just don't see a "true love" long term relationship ever developing. Since the universal characteristic of true love is putting the other first. (Edward always did, even when he had to go through a living hell, when he left Bella,) As always thank you for sharing your insightful observations, Your friend, Doc

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service