The Twilight Saga

Ok.....

I don't know if anyone actually caught this about the book..... I caught it the first time I read it, but maybe everyone else was just too envolved in the story and didn't notice it....

There is actually a mistake in the timeline in the book....

Here it is....

Quote 1 - Chapter 12 "Time" (when Alice, Edward and Bella are in the parking lot at school, talking about the graduation ceremony that's coming...):

“Bella,” she said slowly. “Do you know what day it is?”
“Monday?”
She rolled her eyes. “Yes. It is Monday . . . the fourth.” She grabbed my elbow, spun me halfway
around, and pointed toward a big yellow poster taped to the gym door. There, in sharp black letters, was the date of graduation. Exactly one week from today.
“It’s the fourth? Of June? Are you sure?”

Quote 2 - Chapter 14 "Declaration":

He pulled me off the couch as he spoke, and then led the way outside, ducking his head as he passed under the doorframe. It had gotten much cooler while Jacob slept; the air was unseasonably cold — there must be a storm on the way. It felt like February, not May.

Did anyone else notice this?? The mistake in the timeline?? I mean.... They were in June.... and then, suddenly it's May again...? Hummm.....
I know this isn't important (of course it's not, because we, Twilighters, really don't care about this....)... but I noticed it and it's been bugging me..... I haven't heard anyone else mention this....

Correct me if I'm wrong.

********* JUST TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR **********

I LOVE THE TWILIGHT SERIES, I LOVE EVERY SINGLE WORD, PAGE, CHAPTER ON THOSE BOOKS. I LOVE STEPHENIE MEYER AND THINK SHE'S AN AWESOME WRITER. I DIDN'T MEAN TO UPSET ANYONE BY THIS POST OR SAY THAT I DIDN'T LIKE THE BOOK!!! I LOVE IT. ALL OF THEM. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I UPSET ANYONE BY THIS POST.

Tags: book, eclipse, mistake, timeline

Views: 484

Replies to This Discussion

I read two times the books in english and in my language and i didn't notice.....i think that i was very attracted by the action..
I actually thought that she meant that graduation was in one week, on June 4th, which would mean that the date this conversation took place was on May 28th. I don't think she made a timeline, mistake, I think she was just a bit unclear in her wording.
wow i thought i was going insane when l read that but am glad u pointed it out coz l had noticed too ! and i though i wasnt paying much attention to it when l was reading!
Ha!!! I totaly didn't notice. I think at that point I was speed reading to find out what happened next.
Sometimes the little details get lost because I'm so impatient.
maybre it was the next year
haaaaa! good eye of yours!
i didn't catch it but the book is still good
It is obviously senseless since they put so much effort in this saga but yes you might be correct about that mistake. You should e-mail Stepehenie Meyer then, and you shouldn't get upset by this kind of silly details and waste your time by posting this, maybe you are the only one in the world that noticed, so what?
I don't think VMS was upset by it, I think that she was pondering it and wondering if she was right.
The whole point of this site is to bring up silly things that are important to us in connection to the books, right?
Of course I could be very wrong.
Of Course I'm not upset!!!!!! Good God!!! I absolutelly love every single one of the books!!!

I was only stating a fact, not criticizing or diminishing my love for the books or the author!!! I love Stephenie's books, even The Host!!

But do you think it's only natural that, when you love something so much, you tend to notice all the details, the good and the bad ones??

The movie also has faults and errors, but doesn't mean I'm not crazy about it!! Hell... I watched Twilight in the cinema over 16 times!!!
And already have my pre-order for the dvd since I was able to do it!!

I love the Twilight Series all the way!!

Please.... I didn't mean to upset anyone about my post. And I most certainly didn't mean to say I didn't like the book.....

If you think it was unfair of me to post this.... let me know. i'll remove the thread or ask for one of the mods to remove it... I don't want ayone upset..... :(
I think your comments are fine. You said nor did anything negative. Maybe Juan didn't read
your entire statement.
I usually notice discrepancies but that one just flew right by me.
I never noticed that.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service