The Twilight Saga

Edward: who was forced to leave Bella and then believed that she was dead
or
Jacob: who slowly fell in love with Bella and ended up losing her

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

She stated right in the part where she was begging Jacob to come back--you can read it--that she could love him if he waited long enough. It's black and white, she did say that, she even admitted that it was a lie. It only makes her seem vindictive if she was lying to get him to come back because she wouldn't fathom life without Edward. I would be crushed if someone I was in love with only said that to be because they didn't want to be alone.
I think its even through all of the books. In different ways they both suffered
I believe Jacob did! He fell in love with Belle turned into a werewolf and had to explain it to her. Edward just left her didn't even care! I can't believe I am so for Jacob anyday.
I'm going to restate that I do believe Edward had it hard, I wouldn't wish leaving "the love of your life" and "thinking them dead" on anyone, that would hurt so bad. It would be devastating. All I'm saying is that, in this instance, Jacob had it far harder then Bella.

If you're going to recant my claim and say Edward had it harder, don't say I didn't say that or misconstrue my words just because you want to make a point. It's not only a bit upsetting for me but it doesn't prove your point whatsoever. I accept that people will always choose Edward's side despite many reasons Edward isn't a very good choice--Jacob isn't a lot of the time either, but you can't keep saying Edward's completely better when that isn't the case. I do understand the other side, so I will now show how bad it was for Edward so that people won't mock me and say I'm "favoring" either of them.

Even though I'm sure people will only read half of this and then just flame me for no reason. Please just read it all and be objective.

Things were hard for Edward, very hard. He found the love of his life, someone who made him whole and want to exist, want to fight for something. Not only was she perfect in his eyes, she accepted him with little struggle whatsoever; she was everything for him. Breathing had meaning, life had meaning, he was whole.

Now, put yourself in his shoes.

You're with your significant other on their birthday, they seem happy regardless and want to spend time with you and your family. They're elated, you feel like nothing could ever hurt you again, as long as you had them.

This is when everything falls apart.

Your brother, who honestly couldn't stop himself, comes within moments of killing your reason for being. You panic, you push them away and watch as your entire family fights within themselves not to do the same. And, what could be worse? You're trying not to kill them too. Now, you're ashamed, and afraid, and you are just so sick. Your loved one seems un-phased, they say it wasn't your fault. But, it was, you really believe it was. You didn't take the proper precautions and that's not even what is upsetting you. It's that you wanted to kill them, that's what rips your heart apart.

Then, the most painful part starts to turn wheels in your head. You realize how close you came to killing them, how close they came to death and it tears you apart inside. You couldn't fathom life if they weren't in it, there would be no meaning in it. Your resolve strengthens as your heart grows cold, numb; you feel everything freezing in your body as you come to the one decision that could prove to tear you at the seems.

You're going to leave them, forever.

You go through the motions as you try to convince yourself that it's the right thing to do. What if you couldn't stop yourself next time? What if you kill them? You blanch at the thought; you couldn't live with yourself if you did.

You take them out and tell them all the lies you could muster. You tell complete lies and things that tear you apart to say, words of hatred and un-love, words that meant you didn't care for them anymore. They look like they can't breathe, your heart breaks but you keep going, you keep lying. After you've successfully severed your heart from your body, you leave them.

Nothing is the same after that, nothing means anything. You wonder aimlessly, you breath for no reason other then habit, you walk to avoid the poison of heartbreak from spreading too quickly through you. You make sure to stay as far away from them as possible, you make sure that you can never hurt them again. But, this comes at a heavy price. You can't feel, you can't think, everything hurts and no amount of walking or breathing or thinking will make it stop. It'll never stop. You accept that, though. They're alive, the person you love, safe and better off without you.

And your heart keeps breaking, your body keeps hurting. Nothing matters.

Sometime later, while walking around aimlessly--which you've been doing for God knows how long--you receive a call from your sister. You don't respond too much too it, you can't and when you listen to her voice, all you get is irritated. Before hanging up, her voice stops you with a mellow and quick message.

"They're dead, that one you loved, you need to stop moping about them now."

Everything spins, your body looses all ability to feel for moments as your brain tries you catch up. You're only void of feeling for mere moments before anguish and pain and mourning slam into you like being hit by a semi. It was worse then you imagined, it was like someone was ripping into your heart over and over again. It was like someone was killing you but your body was too numb to die. You drop the phone, you stand still, you stop breathing.

Everything hurts, nothing feels right anymore. You left; God, you left and they still died. You left! LEFT! You left the person you loved, left so that could be happy and safe. And they're dead. DEAD. Everything is gone, the pain is worse then you could've imagined and you realize you can't take it. This pain, it's worse then anything and it's so bad that you want to rip every part of you that hurts just so the pain will go away.

But, the pain is in your soul, and not even death that rip that away.

You realize now that you can't live without them, you couldn't feel without them and they were alive then. This pain can't be measured, and you just want to end it. So you decide, with a thick resolve backed by a pain that cripples you almost to the point of immobility. You decide to kill yourself.

[Wow, that was long xD]

See, I can see his point of view and it breaks my heart, it really does. Though, I will say that I've lost someone I loved who I believe I loved like that and it DID hurt. But, in all honesty, I really think dealing with losing the person you loved and turning in to a monster is something I couldn't deal with.

My analysis: Jacob had it harder in my opinion, but Edward did have it damn hard.

See, I can view both sides in proper lights.

Use this however you wish.
I think that they both suffered. Edward had to leave his true love and lie to her to try and keep her safe. Jacob and Bella slowly formed a bond. Jacob did try to push Bella away telling her that he was "not good" for her. But Bella really needed Jacob. I think it is a toss up, but there is something about for first true love that lasts forever.
I believe that Jacob had it harder. Edward did not have it easy, do not get me wrong, but he believed that he was doing the right thing and that eventually Bella could find happiness with someone else. Jacob was not only falling in love with someone who could not return his feelings but dealing with the anger and pain caused by his new found status as a werewolf. I can not imagine how intense that must've been for him and how painful it would've been for Jacob when Edward came back and Bella so easily forgave him. (Who wouldn't have though, LOL)
i know it would be hard for jacob to be with bella then bella. But EDWARD TOTALLY HAD IT HARDER!!!!!!!!!

HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE BELLA AND HURT HER, MAKING HIM LIVE WITH A LOT OF GUILT!!!!!
HE WAS SO MISRABLE WITHOUT BELLA THAT HE COULDN'T BE WITH HIS FAMILY FOR MONTHS!!!!!
PLUS!!!!!, HE THOUGHT SHE WAS DEAD AND TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF!!!!!!
Jacob got see bella whenever he wanted,but EDWARD DIDN'T GET TO SEE HER FOR MONTHS!!!!
DEFINATLY EDWARD!!!!
This isn't about losing the person you love, just because someone you love is "dead" doesn't mean you suddenly have the hardest life. Can you imagine getting cancer? Or a terminal disease? Or maybe getting a genetic defect that changed you?

You're saying someone who lost a loved one has it harder then the person with the disease/genetic defect who also lost a loved one.

Edward had it easy; his lack of mental stability pushed him to suicide. Which normally lands people in mental institutions.
I THINK JACOB DID IT HARDER, BECAUSE BELLA JUST USED HIM, SHE MADE HIM FELL IN LOVE AND THEN LEFT HIM. YES, SHE DIDN'T WANT IT, BUT WHY THEN SHE TOLD HIM, BEGGED HIM TO COME BACK???!!! POOR JAKE!!!MY FRIEND HATED ME WHEN I TOLD HER THIS THOUGHT, BECAUSE SHE THINKS THAT EDWARD AND BELLA LOVE EACH OTHER AND JAKE DIDN'T HAVE RIGHT TO FALL IN LOVE, BUT IT'S STUPID!!HOW CAN U PREVENT YOURSELF FROM FALLING IN LOVE!???! JAKE DID IT HARDER, BECAUSE HE FELL IN LOVE, KNOWING THAT SHE LOVES EDWARD AND THAT SHE IS USING HIM!!! THEN HE BECAME MONSTER ADN AS EDWARD HE WAS AFRAID FOR BELLA. IT'S DIFFICULT, U KNOW, GUYS. WHEN U LOVE SOMEONE AND U KNOW THAT U CAN CAUSE HARM TO THIS PERSON AND AT THE SAME TIME THIS BELOVED PERSON BEGS U TO STAY, BUT THEN CHOOSES ANOTHER ONE...!!!!I WOULD JUST DIE, U KNOW!!
Jacob by far.
neither it was Bella she hated losing Edward.
Who had it worse? Definitely Jacob! Poor guy completely gives his all & his all was not good enough to get the girl. Talk about a broken heart-to not have Bella reciprocate that love back.......you can't help but feel that ache with him.

Edward left & thus there were consequences. But in the end, he gets the girl!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service