The Twilight Saga

Casting Round-Up For “The Host’s”

Ian and Jared

Variety reports that casting is in progress to fill the leading male roles of “The Host.”

From Variety: Liam Hemsworth (“The Hunger Games”), Kit Harington (“Game of Thrones”), Jai Courtney (“One Shot”) and Max Irons (“Red Riding Hood”) will test for the role of Jared, Melanie’s boyfriend. Dane DeHaan (“In Treatment”), Thomas McDonnell (“Prom”), Augustus Prew (“The Borgias”) and Ronan’s “Lovely Bones” co-star Jake Abel will test for the role of Ian, a menacing young man who brutalizes Wanderer before falling in love with her.

JARED
1. Liam Hemsworth

2. Kit Harington

3. Jai Courtney

4. Max Irons

IANS
1. Dane DeHaan

2. Thomas McDonnell

3. Augustus Prew

4. Jake Abel

SO WHAT DO YOU MEMBERS THINK OF THE CASTING OF THESE HOT GUYS ABOVE??

Melanie/Wandered

1. Saoirse Ronana

Views: 996

Replies to This Discussion

Max Irons to play Jared in “The Host” movie

EXCLUSIVE From  EW.com

The important role of Jared Howe will be played by 26-year-old actor Max Irons, EW has learned. 

Irons, son of Oscar-winning and golden-throated actor Jeremy Irons, was last seen in this year’s Red Riding Hood. For this project, he joins director Andrew Niccol (In Time,Gattaca) and the long-attached Saoirse Ronan, who will play Melanie Stryder, a young woman who shares her body with an alien force known as Wanderer. Since no Meyer novel is complete without some complicated relationship geometry, Jake Abel has been cast in the role of Ian, a man who falls in love with Wanderer despite the fact that she is in the body of Melanie who is in love with Jared. Fans of the book, may I suggest you start preparing your visual aids and PowerPoint explanations now.

The film will begin shooting in February in Louisiana and then New Mexico and will mark one of the first productions for Open Road Films, a young distribution company backed by AMC and Regal theater chains.

Thanks.

Another thought...

I've seen Percy Jackson (the movie) last night to see Jake Abel. It seems Jake likes to plain villains. ;) Nevermind. I wanted to see the movie to actually see him (and it was good to also see the same guy who plays d'Artagnan in the newest Three Musketeers in 3D). You know what? The more I think about him playing Ian the more I understand the choice and I'd like to make it official - I really like the idea of Jake Abel playing our Ian. He's gonna be great. He has something... just like Robert Pattinson as Edward - he's unusual. Robert is v. handsome and he doesn't look like anybody else (Stephenie said it once and I totally agree).

There's something about Jake's jaw actually that looks a bit weird but I don't mind much. As a matter of fact that makes him even more interesting, he's not ideal pretty boy, he's normal and still handsome. Can't put it in right words but I stopped wondering how Jake will play Ian. Of course he'll do great job! I keep my fingers crossed for him! =)

Can't wait to see the movie! Who's with me?! XDDD

I am!

I'm totally wit you on this one. Abel is not handsome like Rob but hes does have something that its intresting. And hopefully I'll have my fingers crossed that he'll do a good job portraying Ian.

Remember the time when the whole fandom learned that Robert will play Edward? They were all like "Noooo!!! He's not handsome! He's so ugly! Blaaaaah! Blah blah blah blah..." And now? Half of them fantasies about him. XD

With Jake I think it all will be the same. :D

Yes, I do agree with you on this one. I still remeber. Lol

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service