I was very glad to hear The Host was turning into a movie. I don't normally see actors' faces when the action plays inside my head while reading a book so it was an interesting exercise trying to decide which actor would fit each part.
- I think they should choose a fresh new face, someone who isn't already famous, and who fits the description well. So no Sophia Bush, Megan Fox or Summer Glau. They just wouldn't do and for obvious reasons.
- Jensen Ackles
, no doubt about it. Playing tough, conflicted and emotional is just about all he does in Supernatural beside being hilariously funny. If only he could fit this movie in his busy schedule. He needs to get out of that show, enough is enough, and do some real movies.
- I can't think of anyone tall, handsome, with dark hair and striking blue eyes who fits the profile. I saw some people are suggesting Ian Somerhalder, but I haven't seen him in enough movies to make an impression and those eyebrows don't quite do it for me. Johnathan Rhys Meyers also comes to mind but he really is not the one...
- The problem is that the O'Shea brothers are supposed to look very similar so his casting will have to depend on who's playing Ian. I would suggest Sam Worthington because he can play a rough brute well, but after staring in Terminator Salvation, Avatar and Clash of the Titans there's slim chance he might want to do this.
- Logan Lerman
is my best choice, provided he doesn't grow too much before the shooting starts. Come to think of it, he would make a great Ian in 10 years but then we'd lose the rest of the cast.
- I have this image in my head and I'm pretty sure it's from a movie but for the life of me I can't remember which it was or who's playing it. There are great actors out there who could take the part, and while all good, Robert Duval is a bit too cold and severe, Sam Eliot a bit too playful, and Robert Redford way too pretty for it. So I'm still debating, but I wouldn't mind seeing Robert Duval impersonating him. As an image though, Kriss Kristofferson
is probably closer to the book character.
- Christian Bale would be my first choice, but unfortunately he's become too big for the part. No way they're getting him and that's a shame. Another idea, that some might find a little odd, would be a 10 years younger Kevin Bacon which, again, is not possible.
- AnnaSophia Robb
has got the look for it and since the part is relatively small she's got the talent to do it too.
- Christina Ricci
was an easy choice, there's no explanation needed really.
- Anna Friel
has got the perfect face and hair. Her performance in A Midsummer Night's Dream made me think of her.
- Too bad that Maggie Smith is too old for the part, but Maureen Lipman
would do just fine. Anyone saw her in Oklahoma?
- I'm a bit in two minds regarding this one as I couldn't care less who plays her, just get some obnoxious red head, still I think Amy Adams
would make a fine addition to the cast.
I'm still thinking about the rest, so you're suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.