The Twilight Saga

Are Vampires Stereotypes of a real type of human being? OR: Did Bram Stoker (the author of the novel "Dracula") model his "monster" after a real type of human?

Are Vampires Stereotypes of a real type of human being? OR: Did Bram Stoker (the author of the novel "Dracula") model his "monster" after a real type of human?

Rose question: Do you think that Bram Stoker modeled Dracula after a real type of person.

Extra credit question: If he did what are some of those characteristics. 

Extra extra credit question: Why do you feel that some people seem to be attracted to people with these personality characteristics?

Sincerely, 

Doc B

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

You raise a wonderful question Giulianna,
As you say; Did Stoker create Dracula OR did he know one or more "Dracula" like people in real life?
Excellent point. Thanks for sharing,. Doc
Do you think that Bram Stoker modeled Dracula after a real type of person?
I think it could have very well have been written for a type of person that Stoker knew throughout his life sometime. Otherwise where did he come up with the idea?

If he did what are some of those characteristics?
Someone who is dependent on another, I would have to assume. A person who is rich, handsom, or someother aspect that they use to get others to do or give them what they want or need.

Why do you feel that some people seem to be attracted to people with these personality characteristics?
I am not sure.....I have a friend who is pretty, has a nice car, her own house, a great job.......but she chooses to be with guys who use her, they have nothing. No job, no car, no place to live of thier own. I sometimes I think it is the fear of someone doing better than her. She allows herself to get used and abused and it isn't even worth it. Sometimes it could be the fear of being alone, mixed with a self confidence problem!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service