The Twilight Saga

The Discussion On Bella's Wedding is Located Below. Sincerely, Doc B

Views: 1972

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you. I was surprised as well when Rosalie offered to help. Throughout the series Rosalie was sort of standoffish to me when it came to Bella. So seeing this made me feel like in her own way, she was trying to accept her into the family. This to me, also sets the stage for when Bella and Edward are on their way back home from their honeymoon that Bella make the phone call to Rosalie for her help.

Dear Okita,
That is an excellent point. Rose had been so distant from Bella, that her one act of helping Bella prepare for her wedding, may well have been Rose's way of saying 'I accept you as a sister. Which was the perfect way to open up Bella's asking for her help

when she was in need. Thank you for sharing with us and raising this excellent point, Doc
Dear Sasha,
S 'she wanted is for her best man to be there" Doc I understand your frustration. "You would think that her love for Edward was so powerful that it would drive away her "Romantic feeling for Jacob"
S 'mentioning the honey moon?? " Doc good point. It was twice a problem Because I don;t think that she should be sharing her "private marriage affairs" And second it was like throwing salt on poor Jacobs open wounds"
S ' I would be doing the exact same thing.." Doc 'Ihave a feeling that you will feel the exact same feeling that Bella did."
S 'getting married is a big deal!!! " Doc getting married IS A BIG DEAL. I think that that is why Edward was so excited about their marring each other for eternity. Thank you for sharing with us. Doc

Counterpoint question: All members are invited to answer; Doc "For me in my life time I have only been able to love one person at a time. But Bella seems to be able to love both Edward and Jacob at the same time.(although to different degrees) Is that normal. Or does true love, prevent loving feeling from occurring for someone else?

Counterpoint question located at :http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/group/theofficialtwilightbookdiscuss...

Doc

Counterpoint question: All members are invited to answer; Doc "For me in my life time I have only been able to love one person at a time. But Bella seems to be able to love both Edward and Jacob at the same time.(although to different degrees) Is that normal. Or does true love, prevent loving feeling from occurring for someone else?

This question is interesting.

Ok, i know people who have loved 2 eople at once, but as with Bella there is always a difference between the love for one or the other. So i think is possible for it to happen.

I also hae to point out that i feel Bella's love for Jacob and Edward are completely different. Even though there is a small part of Bella and i do mean small that loves Jacob the bigger part is broherly-sisterly love, this is only my opinion but i just dont see the love the same. Bella's love is true that's why you see such a different in her break up with Edward and her "break up" with Jacob true love can not live without the other and well Bella proves that she was willing to make the choice to let Jacob go and keep her true love that she desires Edward. but we also need to remember this is Bella we are talking about, she loves like noone esle and it makes her situation very different, she has so much love it almost burst sometime so for her to love 2 people at once could happen more so than anyone else i think

Gem
Dear Gem,
G always a difference between the love for one or the other" "Doc "Thank you very interesting.
G "Bella's love for Jacob and Edward are completely different" Doc "Very interesting
G " brotherly-sisterly love" Doc I think that that is a great observation. Bella was so isolated in her life. She really hadn't experienced A sisters love (Alice) A father's love (Charlies new relationship) And adult mother's love (Esme) and a BOTHER"S LOVE (Jacob "partly) What a great observation.
G 'Bella we are talking about, she loves like no one else" Doc another great point she really is so different from other people.
Thank you for sharing those excellent observations with us, Doc

Oh I totally agree. It is a little glimpse of how fabulous she will be come as a vampire... It is like she is already starting the transformation. I love when the "GIRL NEXT DOOR" knocks everyone's socks off with just a little lipstick and a pretty dress... It shows that anyone can be fabulous...
ANYONE CAN BE FABULOUS !! DOC "WHAT A WONDERFUL OBSERVATION, AND HOW TRUE!! JUST GREAT. DISCUSSION POINT OF THE DAY!

Dear Kelli,
I just love that moment too.
Bella is so pretty but she just doesn't see her self that way. Which makes me wonder:

Counterpoint question: All members invited to answer:
Why do you think that Bella sufferers from "Image dysmorphia" (Or she always sees herself as being less physically attractive than she really is?)

url address that the question is located at: http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/group/theofficialtwilightbookdiscuss...

Doc

Im tor sometimes i would say yes and sometimes no. The reason being is that yes when she thinks of Edward she doesnt nearly think she is al that he sees and she does think less of herself image that she is not nearl beautiful enough etc, but in every other aspect it really doesnt seem to bother her dont you think? She never thinks about how she compares to Jessica or Angela ony really to vampires(how ineresting is that). But, i guess majority yes she does not see herslf clearly but as said only whilst amongst vampires

Gem
The visual image that Stephanie painted in the Wedding was awesome! Nothing surprised me too much though, I knew it was gonna be spectacular.
The only thing I was disappointed in was how Jacob has a way of spoiling everything! I really was a Jacob fan up until this point. (team Jacob, this is only my opinion...don't hurt me!!) This was Bella's special day...the day she would remember forever, and Jacob couldn't keep his mouth shut and be happy for her, he had to ruin it for her. I feel like Jacob became very selfish at this point...if he couldn't be happy, no body could, including Bella.
Dear Guinilo,
G "she would remember forever, and Jacob couldn't keep his mouth shut " Doc "I am afraid I have to agree. When you go to a funeral or a wedding your only agenda is to share you joy for the groom or bride, or sympathize with the bereaved.Edward shouldn't ever have had to come to Bella's defense at her own wedding.
Thank you for sharing with us, Doc

i was really hoping that jacob would come to the wedding and when he didn't i was a little disappointed so that made me surprised yet happy when he came to the reception

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service