The Twilight Saga

So, apparently, there is not going to be a marriage proposal at the end of New Moon. They've changed it up a bit according to Life & Style. I haven't read the magazine and none of the sites I've seen have revealed what the change is, but apparently--

"The shocking ending - "After not saying 'I love you' in Twilight, will Edward propose to Bella in the sequel? In the original story, Edward tells Bella he'll turn her into a vampire only if they get married, but after obtaining the latest version of the New Moon script, Life & Style can exclusively report that Edward has a different bargaining chip up his sleeve..."
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272626124.shtml

I remember last month Lainey Gossip reporting, "There’s a tense discussion between the three of them, then Taylor/Jacob leaves and wolf-transforms, then between KS and RP it gets kinda romantic as there’s talk of a wedding. Or something. They are shooting several options for a proposal, this is one of them – you’ll have to wait to see which they end up choosing."
http://www.laineygossip.com/Twilight_in_Vancouver_weekend_roundup_o...

So what does everyone think?

For me, I intensely dislike the idea of no proposal! It sets up so much in Eclipse as Edward keeps reminding her of what she needs to do in order to turn vamp... I'm officially annoyed. This "or something" better be really, really good. But what could be better than marrying Edward...other than shagging him! ;0

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

I too am hoping that they keep the scene where Bella punches Jacob in the face (that is my favorite part in the book) seeing how this part in particular is the reason that Bella finds out just how much "just friends" is not what Jacob has in mind.
The "violence" debate seems absurd. To me, there isn't a lot of violence in Eclipse, so I don''t understand why they should have a problem being faithful to the book. Mostly, you understand the violence of the newborns through Jasper's stories and the news reports from Seattle. By the time you actually get to the battle, the big showdown is between Edward and Victoria, so what's the problem? What violence there is in the book is critical to Bella understanding what she is really getting into as a vampire. I refuse to believe that they would be so stupid as to miss this critical aspect of Bella's development.
You know, I am so torn. I can live with the proposal not being in NM as long as it is in Eclipse. The proposal has to be at the end of NM or at the beginning of Eclipse for anything else to make sense, so I refuse to believe that they are going to throw it out entirely. I am trying not to worry. I thought MR did a pretty good job with Twilight so I am HOPING that she keeps the spirit of the book in NM and Eclipse. Its honestly the only shred of hope that I have given that crazy change in directors. I'm hoping that this is all a wild publicity stunt just to keep us debating until the movie comes out.
I know, it's exasperating to think about. I just want the movie to be out already so we can just watch it. To me whether the proposal is at the end of the New Moon movie or the beginning of Eclipse--that doesn't matter as long as it stays.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service