The Twilight Saga

I first picked up a copy of twilight when I was visiting my friend in Las Vegas during the summer two years ago. This is pre-movie hype, the apple cover caught my eye when I was in the book section. Usually I read the cover to see what it is about. Well, what can I say? There was an instant connection and I was hooked! I bought the book and basically ignored my friend the entire weekend! If Bella is a like a drug to Edward than twilight has become mine! I have read the entire series several times over and can always find something new to think about and ponder. If Stephen King doesn't get it shame on him! I was drawn in by the ordinary mundane human existence meeting with the supernatural world. Bella is every girl who has wanted to live a different life, to experience a greater purpose and live in a world where she is special. I think that there are a large number of people who wouldn't mind that. I want to feel that bloom of first love and see it play through. This book is chaste in romance, but complex in many ways. I could go on and on about it, but now it's your turn. Tell me what made you pick up these books? What did they make you feel?

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

I have been hearing about the books for a while, and, last month, I was in the store and I figured, hey, lets see what all the hype was about. Well, I was immediately hooked. I love that Bella was just an ordinary girl, I love that Edward fell in love with her. Stephenie's writing is so captivating, I just couldn't put them down. I went out the very next day and bought the other three and I had the whole series finished in less than a week. The characters, the writing, the love story, all of it took my breath away. I have always hoped and wished that love like that exists, and that is renewed in me now, maybe it does. I'll be rereading them, well, I've already reread Breaking Dawn. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed in books for a while.
My daughter! lol! She had the first 2 books bought for her and she had to wait for me to finish them before she could read them! lol! I then went out and bought the last 2 as I could not wait to see how things panned out!

Of course I have now bought myself the first 2 books as well...... And I have actually purchased them all about 5 times! Mostly as Xmas/birhday gifts for my friends!! lol
I actually never heard of Twilight until they started boasting about the movie. I went on Stephenie Meyers website to check her out, and the books. I read the excerpt's and was hooked. I bought all the books on Amazon and read them ALL in 1 weekend!!! LOL! I just wish there was more to read. I loved them all.
I read the book after seeing the movie. Before I finished the 1st book, I was at the store getting the others so I had them when i need them. I also have the movie downloaded on my computer and watch it almost everyday. My 16 yr old thinks I am crazy. (NOT ME) I have read the series atleast 5 times and I cry when I read Breaking Dawn when the are in the field telling Reneesme goodbye. and then ofcourse cheer when Alice shows up.
I started reading in January 09 after my niece had gotten the complete set for Christmas. She raved on and on how good they were and when she took so long to lend me her copy, I just went out and bought my own. After I finished Twilight, I had to run to Wal-Mart the same day and buy New Moon. Eclipse took a little longer to get because all of the stores in my area were sold out! I had to order it online and then wait the dreadful week it took to come in. To avoid the same problem with Breaking Dawn, I bought it before I was even finished reading Eclipse. Now I am counting down the days till my preordered copy of the movie comes to my house...Next Saturday!!!! I am truly addicted and I think my husband is maybe a little jealous because I have my nose in a book! Its a great escape for me, I have 2 young children and the everyday stress of life is put aside for an hour or 2 a day. I cant wait to begin reading the books again, maybe I will have missed something that will fascinate me even more. I would love for a 5th book in the series to know the outcome of Renesme's life as a half-breed and also as Jacob's imprint. Maybe that's only to be imagined.
Totally agree. Picked up the book on the recommendation from a friend. I am a big James Patterson and Max fan. She said I would really like these books. She was wrong, I LOVE the books. Finished all in less than 2 weeks. Also lost weight, reading instead of eating. I had to go back to one of my students and let him know how sorry I was for taking his book from him for a day because he was reading under the desk instead of doing his work. I brought him candy and gave him bonus points with tears in my eyes saying if anyone would have taken my books during the 2 weeks I would have fell apart. I am now in the process of reading the books to my husband. Finished Twilight and Midnight Sun and he is still game for the rest. We read every night before bed time. Can I say the sex life has never been better. Thanks Bella and Edward.
I first picked up the books in October of 2008. My 16 year old sons reading teacher recommended them. I took the book with me to St. Loius and haven't put them down since!! My mom died in July of 2008, I was very close to her and it has been very hard for me to get past. I was getting very deppressed, trying to live every day, go to work, take care of our 5 kids, and my husband. I needed an outlet to help me cope, to get my mind off from my mom, my loss, and most of all my pain. Stephanie Meyer has magically pulled me out of the worst time of my life with her Twilight series!
I haven't read all of the response yet as I am pretty new to the site but totally agree with those that I have read. My 10 year old daughter got sucked into reading the series about 3 or 4 months ago by all of her friends and was constantly going on and on about how wonderfule they were and Edward this and Edward that and so I figured I better know what she was reading. Keep in mind I work full time on top of being a full time mom and wife and haven't picked up let alone finished a book since I was pregnant with my youngest daughter who will be 5 in a few months. So about 3 weeks ago we were sitting at home on a Sunday morning and didn't have much to do, which is rare in my house, I decided I would start reading Twilight...it was 2:00 in the morning before I went to bed and I was halfway though book two. I was completely done with the series by Friday afternoon. My daughter is about to finish Eclipse due to homework and school projects, etc. I have become completely obsesed and am now rereading the series much slower this time as I am sure I missed things reading it so fast the first time. I have never read anything so fast before...but I just couldn't put it down. The series allows me to go away to another world if only for a few minutes a day. I absolutely love it!
I had never heard of Twilight before the movie. I have always been a reader, but I mostly read for studying purposes. I just have too much of an active mind and it feeds on knowledge. In any case, I heard of Twilight the movie on a radio show and heard fans talking about it and decided to check it out. After I saw the movie, I read the book and loved it so much that I ended up buying the saga. I have read the series at least four times.

Reading these books is a stange thing for me. I have never been much of a romantic, but I have always been a sci-fi /paranormal type. My love stories consist of the brief moments of romance in The Matrix, Frank Herbert's Dune, and Star Wars. :) In any case, I am absolutely addicted. The series has helped me escape my too focused on reality mindset. It has been a vacation for the mind. Love, love, love it.
I loved that show! I was so mad when they cancelled it. I was hoping a cable station would buy it and bring it back to life. Mick was awesome!
My guy friend's daughter lost her Twilight book with the hands holding the apple.All she could find were movie covers.I said I would get it for her online.I bought it,then bought 1for myself to see what everyone had been talking about.I was hooked from the first chapter.I am 33,and here I am,addicted to the Twilight Series:) I read each book in 3days,with the exception of Breaking Dawn.It took four.It made me think about my life,its purpose,and how each of us simply wants to be loved.I love hiking in the nearby woods.It too has a hidden meadow.I cant help but wish that I could have an "Edward " in my life.Twilight spawned the addiction.New moon brought me to my knees and to the depths of Bella's despair.Eclipse created an admiration for the understanding that Jacob had kept Bella alive ,and Breaking Dawn was the awakening to what true love essentially means.
I had heard of the books but had not really paid attention. When the previews started coming out, I had to see the movie. I dragged my girlfriend to see it. She loved the movie but that was it. I on the other hand, could not help it. I got the entire series the next morning. I read all four books in about five days. I have read the saga about 4 or 5 times already (I've lost track) and I will keep reading it. I just can't get enough of it. SM has created something that I think has never happened before, it cannot compare to anything else out there. It has brought people together from different countries, backgrounds, ages, status and even non-readers. I think that whoever doesn't get it, should just keep it to themselves. This has brought all of us who are on this website together which would have not happened otherwise. How can that be compared to anything else?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service