The Twilight Saga

I thought it would be fun to find out how deeply addicted some of us are here..so give a few insights from either when you first started reading the books or now~

I'll start:

You know your addicted when:

When you just completed a chapter of Twilight, you go to get a glass of water and someone in your family asks you a question and all your really hearing is "blah, blah, blah" cause your mind is still in the book~

While reading Twilight you are thinking to yourself..I want an Edward,.. I want an Edward. (and you are happily married/two kids..ugh)~ lol

You get to the store as quickly as possible before your finished with one book to make sure there is no pause before you start the next one~

You just can't stop wanting MORE of this wonderful world of Twilight and join a remarkable group of over 30 yr olds who share the same feeling~ :)

I am sure there is much more.. (this is going to be a crack up!) what are some of your signs that you are addicted?

Views: 337

Replies to This Discussion

I think many of us are jealous of Bella.
You know you are addicted when you buy books because you can't wait two days for your sister to bring you her copy of New Moon and Breaking Dawn.

When you stay up all night reading the book until 3AM and you have to go to work in the morning.

You finish reading the Series and start all over again saying you are going to read it S-L-O-W-L-Y and still finish all four books in less than 9 days with a full work schedule.

You borrow your sister's copy of Eclipse and hide it everytime she comes over.

You consider reading the Series a 3rd time in the space of 2 months. lol
You know your addicted when your husband or children ask you a question and you reply with something about Twilight!
You know your addicted when:

You forget you put the dinner on for the family because your reading twilight bks and are only alerted by the smoke alarm to the burning (My family still hasn't forgiven me for that).

You go to work and spend more time thinking about twilight than the patients you're looking after (seriously not proud of that and am working on strategies to stop it!)
You know you are addicted when your husband is asking you to put on the NM preview and he hasn't read the books. (but he knows everything about it, thanks to me :D)
I thought my addiction would be getting betterr with time - but its getting worse!
My mom asked me to send her the books as I kept going on and on about how great they were and once I had finished all four of them the thought of giving them away almost made me sick. There is no way I can part with them.

I read them all in a 6 day period and it took me another 2 weeks to clear my head and to return to my normal life. I'm still not sure if I'm back to normal as I sometimes spend several hours a day re-reading them. At this point I can't put my finger on why I'm so addicted but it's completely consuming.

I decided to try and channel this energy into giving me some motivation to workout. I told myself in the beginning I could only read them while I was on the Elliptical machine, which it is helping me get throught a workout, but I still end up reading in between workout times.
I have tried to explain to my husband why they are so addicting but I just can't seem to explain it very well. I know what you mean about parting with your books. I bought all 4 in hard back and won't loan them out to anyone! No way. I want to start the series for the 3rd time but I am trying to read some other books first. Its hard though because I just keep thinking I would rather be reading Twilight
when you are ready to divorce your husband and give him custody of the kids so you can live in your own twilight land. this is seriously for real
Or tatoo the word twilight on your back....absolutely no regrets. I love it and everytime I see it in the mirror or think about it makes me smile.
It's the last thing I read at night and the first thing I read in the morning. I sleep with my books.
You finish reading Twilight and start New Moon but still reread Twilight...

You sleep and dream of Edward and Bella, but you as Bella.

You think about Edward more than you do any other man...

You want to look at pictures/videos of twilight more than anything.

You want to sit and read twilight than talk to your family

you cry when you read parts of the book

You put smiley faces on the pages you really like.(Chapter 14 in twilight)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service