The Twilight Saga

. . .

Welcome to the new Admin Corner!

Even though we've lost a bunch of admin, there are still three of us here!

Keeping Annie's morals of 'transparency is good!', we open the new admin corner.

Most discussions of the administrators will be held here for the whole group to see and comment on.

Want to tell an administrator something privately?

Message Claire, Juliee, or Nikki.

Want to help the group? Below are some discussions where your help is wanted! We need you to keep this group going. You as the members make TGBT what it is!

Help Us!

Welcoming New Faces

Introduce Yourself

Admin Helpers

Classic Admin Corner

Competition Ideas

more to be added

Tags: admin, discussion, group, ideas, issues

Views: 622

Replies to This Discussion

Hey!

After speaking with Nikki on kik (I can provide screencaps if you would like as proof. xD), she has given us permission to take over BBTL while she is gone.

I told her that I would post about it and let her know what we decide!

I know I can spear a little bit of time on the weekends to change the topic and such, but if someone else would like to do it, they are fully welcome!

Just let Juliee and I know first!!!

Thanks!

-Claire.

Hey Everyone!

I kind of have an idea to solve the sort of "activity problem".

One of my co-writers (just a friend from school I'm writing a fan fic with, no big deal really) and I came up with a writing schedule so we could fit writing around school.

So I was kind of thinking we could start doing the same thing with competitions.

Like. For example:

I'm available on Tuesday, Thursday, & Weekends.

On Tuesday I post a new BBTL category (or whatever your responsibility in the group is).

On Thursday I enter other competitions that Claire more than likely runs :3.

Then Saturday I post the voting for BBTL.

Then Sunday I just kind of organize everything, post in my gallery, fill orders, & reply to messages. And try to post the results of BBTL on Monday if possible.

Then, repeat.

Well. That's more of an individual schedule but it's the best example I could think of ^-^.

But I just think we could be more active if each of us had a schedule to follow and things to do on particular days. If everyone was active on different days or even the same days doing all their duties and responsibilities, we'd be a more active group as a whole.

This would include giving EVERYONE who's active something to do, but that's not a problem, that's actually a good thing.

I don't know, it's kind of an idea in progress.

What do you guys think.

PS: ** Claire and I were messaging a few weeks back and we were considering having a "TTS Party" in celebration of the new admin. I was wondering if we were still doing this and if so when?! I'm so excited about it.

And sorry for delaying EVERYTHING because of my absence.

I just had a lot of stuff to organize :3

-Nikki

Hello girlies!

So, as you all know, we have had a major issue with activity since school began again.

I've been trying to think of a way to fix this, but since so many members (and admins) are busy nowadays I'm just not sure how.

I know we are definitely missing Rachel. She was a BIG contributor to the activity level in our group and hopefully she'll get her computer situation figured out soon because we need her desperately!

But I was wondering if you guys thought I should continue these comps.

I am barely getting in any entries at all.

I've tried everything I can think of.

I advertise them, I made them a month long instead of two weeks, I tried saying that voting would not happen unless there six entries minimum but with some comps there aren't even six entries.

For the past two months I've had to discount a comp each time because it's only had 2-3 entries, including my own entries.

So. If you guys have any ideas on how to fix these things I'd really really appreciate it because right now I'm losing a little bit of hope. =(

-Claire

I feel you Claire, I really do.

It seems like a lot of people have forgotten about this little place and its sad :(

I feel like we're all doing the best we can though. I feel like we really need to recruit people, but I'm not exactly sure how we could. I mean we tried over the summer and didn't really get much turn out.

*sigh* I wish there was a way to sort of.. re-vamp the site to make it I don't know... updated. Like an iOS 7 type of thing (I'm making Apple references good heavens what's wrong with me c:)

I think the best thing to do is to go back to our roots sort of, which is just like banner shops and galleries, and then gradually bring in old and new ideas as we gain more members.

It just seems like the only solution. Maybe I'm trying to say start over?

As weird as that seems :3

But like, I feel like it's hard for people to enter a new system that's kind of already set up and everyone knows everyone and everything. That's why I feel like I've never really fit with the FWAR community. They all seem nice but they all know each other already and I feel sort of... third wheel-ish over there. I think we got most of our activity when TGBT was fairly new and everyone was kind of scrambling because so many groups were deleted because of the TTS "change of guidelines and rules"

I kind of went off track there, but you get the idea I think, right?

-Nikki

I understand what you mean. I still don't feel completely comfortable on FWAR, but I sort of threw myself into that site and just started entering comps and stuff and now it's much better!

If you'd like to be a part of that site I suggest you do that as well!

It's really a great site to be on!

Also, about the recruiting. I did A LOT of recruiting on DA and I got A LOT of people replying back to me saying they'd love to join but then I sent them the link and never heard from them again!

Idk. I'm just really not sure what to do about these comps though.

Should I keep them going?

I was thinking about TGBT a lot today, how many people we've gained and lost over the three years or so we've been around, and I don't want it to end.

Even though it isn't over, it sometimes feels like it is.

Every time I make a "comeback" it never feels the same.

I don't know. I'm not trying to be harsh it's just I don't know, I feel like the spirit is gone.

I've been considering it and I think I'm going to go through with it. I was thinking of opening a "TGBT Relaunch" discussion.

Basically what it would be is a group of people who would come up with ways to "revamp" the group to at least get our members motivated to return and to perhaps attract new people.

We've tried before, but I feel like we have to now.

I know we all have school and computer tech things and I completely understand but winter break is coming soon and I feel like we could really get things done.

It could be just a matter of reintroducing ourselves in a different environment, like Kik or Aim or even Deviantart. Or maybe we need to redesign how we do things to peak interest, I'm not sure!

But we'll figure it out as we go along.

I'm not really sure what else to do.

-Nikki

I know what you mean, this is what I meant when I posted before. 

Due to the lack of interest it just really feels like TGBT is ending. It's less friendly than it's ever been.

We've lost so many active members. We have 372 members and there are only about 5 of us that are still trying. 

But I think a lot of it is simply the lack of interest in the fandom.

The novels/ movies took a lot of flack and now people just aren't willing to like them anymore.

And while TGBT is not necessarily just about Twilight, it's still a big deal. 

FWAR was a great idea but the only thing about that is that by now, there is just this divide, and it's not one that I think was purposely put there, it's just simply there.

I do think that the only way to break that divide is just to join in.

The people over there are great! 

I think that a few real reason that they have so successful over there though is because of the lack of the whole "Twilight" thing and also because the management is better and consistent.

We are very open over here about comps. Over there Eva and Nina are the only ones who make comps.

And also, each member does it's best to participate and vote.

On here, out of our some 5 active members, maybe 2 put in their best to create and vote.

I'm not trying to be mean and I am not excluding myself from this. I know that I've been slacking lately too. But that's how I feel this group has been lately.

To be honest. If we are going to "revamp" anything, I think we need to do some real cleaning out and some real recruiting. I cannot tell you how many messages I sent out on DA and Tumblr over the summer, but I think we really need to do some serious inviting if we want active members.

I think it would be great if we all had a KIK or AIM. Then we could send each other reminders and we would KNOW that the person got them.

I am totally open to adding you guys on AIM or KIK. 

DA is a very crowded environment, but perhaps we could (I know that there is already one, but maybe it's time for a new one) create a graphic group for us on DA. And then we can recruit to that group and eventually to here.

Hey guys!

I took down my banner on the front page, I feel like it had been up there way to long. I asked a few times for it be taken down but it never happened so I did it myself.

I would really like to start featuring banners, whether it be random or BBTL, I do not care.

Nikki, if you cannot run BBTL any longer I'd be happy to do for you.

I know that there were posts earlier about this group dying and so I propose that as admins we make a little pledge.

Something about posting at least one graphic every two weeks and to actually participate. 

I know I'm dealing out some tough love right now but I think that's what the group needs.

It needs strong and active admins to keep it alive. If us as admins were to go around and comment in people's galleries, ask them to participate, and maybe really really begin to recruit members, I think that we will get some more activity. And even if it's just us three, well then at least the group isn't dying.

Like I said before in my reply to Nikki, I think that it might be a good idea to make a group on DA.

And then recruit people to that group.

Because then they will be familiar with us and will realize that we are not just a Twilight graphic group!

And we can have the group listed as a website and invite people over.

I think that might be a good idea if at least to get all of us accustomed to DA. 

So let me know what you guys think!

I wish that there was a way to separate this group from Twilight honestly, but yet still make it about fandoms.

I wish we could have different layouts.

Like.

A DW layout on month, A THG layout the next, an Office layout, and TMI layout, etc. but unfortunately that was part of the rules when they changed. All layouts have to be Twilight-related. =/ 

Also, on a side note, I think we should put the person/time/date stamp back on the front page. :3

I don't know when it got erased, but I kind of liked having it there. 

=)

I completely agree.

I was actually thinking we could all co-run it because I feel like no one person is COMPLETELY active around here (just being honest)

I think Deviantart is a really good idea. I think if we can kind of make people forget that this is a Twilight website then we can get more activity. Because I hate to say it but people have been taking the Twilight fandom as more of a SNL skit sort of joke than an actual fandom.

Idk. I hope we could MAYBE work out some sort of compromise.

Yeah idk what happened to that! I used to like that because then you know who edited the page and you could ask them what fonts they used or tell them directly to change something. :3

Co-run BBTL?

That'd be fine! Just as long as we start it up and really begin to actually feature banners. Mine was left up wayy too long. 

You're so right though! People just do not take TTS seriously anymore, esp. since the movies finished. 

Yeah!

I mean we could sort of do it like a different host each week, it would keep things interesting.

I know. I mean I admit I've kind of grown out of it but we just have such a nice group of people here and it'd be hard to see that go. I feel like the movies were good it's just.. I don't know. I think it's just kind of gotten a bad connotation like when I tell people I'm an admin on a Twilight site they just lose interest in joining and it's sad.

I know exactly what you mean! I've definitely grown out of it, but the people are what have made me stay! I mean. When we lost "The Banner Group" forever ago, I really thought about quitting TTS but Annie convinced me to stay and be an admin on here. And so I did and look where we are now!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service