The Twilight Saga

Introduction:So This way of teaching is a lttle new to me i'm used to covering all the basics to the advanced stuff i teach so bare with i'll only teach what you want to know and what you consider intermediate stuff. All Lessons Will Be Posted As Replies and Links To The Specific Reply Will Be Posted Here. Now I Post My Lessons With Links To a Photo Album Which Shows You Step By Step Details About How To Do Something, But If This Doesn't Work For You Let Me Know I Will Go Back Over Lessons And Find Another Way To Explain It To You Don't Ever Be Scared To Say You Don't Get It Guys That Defeats The Purpose Of Me Teaching You. If You Need Help I Will Be Sure To Slow Down And Work With You Till You Understand.

Important Dates
Term Begins July 18. 2012

[Scroll Down]

All Student Banners Lead to Gallery or Shop of Student :D

Program you currently use: GIMP
Favorite Things
Favorite TV Shows: Glee, The Glee Project, Sailor Moon, Once Upon A Time, Gossip Girl.
Hobbies: GIMP-ing, photography, drawing, ceramics, I also like to sing/ dabble on my piano but I'm terribly awful at that. xD
Favorite Actor/Actress: Darren Criss, Lea Michele, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Lily Collins, Helena Bonham Carter, Audrey Hepburn, Winona Ryder
Celebrity Crush: (if any): Darren Criss
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors: Reeses/Butter Pecan
Favorite Holiday: Hmm. Halloween or Christmas.

Favorite Things: Music, candy, GIMP, Tumblr, art, Wattpad (writing) and books 

Favorite TV Shows: Degrassi, Criminal Minds, The L.A Complex, Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings

Hobbies: Dancing terribly, singing, drawing, Tumbling? (Is that a word?) I also love to write - stories and music

Favorite Actor/Actress: Channing Tatum and Will Smith

Celebrity Crush: (if any): Josh Ramsay and Darla Taylor

Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors: Gummy bears <3 For ice cream I'd say strawberry, french vanilla, vanilla, chocolate and mint chocolate.

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Favorite Things: Anything Chocolately especially Oreos, Muffins, Music, Books, Comedies, Movies, Random Dancing, Granola Bars...
Favorite TV Shows: Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Supernatural, Hart of Dixie Teen Wolf, The Secret Circle......
Hobbies: Reading, Writing Stories, Graphic making, Singing...
Favorite Actor/Actress: Taylor Lautner, Alex Pettyfer, Victoria Justice, Bradley Cooper, Johnny Depp, Kellan Lutz, Lucy Hale...
Celebrity Crush: (if any):Taylor Lautner, Alex Pettyfer, Zayn Malik, Nathan Sykes, Hugh Jackman, Boo Boo Stewart...
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors: Chocolate, Cookies and Cream and Pistacho ice cream flavours
Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Favorite Things: Wattpad, Writing, Dancing, Designing, Laughing ^_^
Favorite TV Shows: TVD, PPL, Jane by Design, Awkward, You're Beautiful
Hobbies: Being Me, Acting, Hanging with friends
Favorite Actor/Actress: Ariana Grande, Kim Hyun Joon, Candice Accola, Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Celebrity Crush: Channing Tatum, Booboo Stewart, Alex Pettyfer, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kellan Lutz
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors: White hershey/Vanilla& Chocolate
Favorite Holiday: Christmas & Independence Day

Favorite Things: Music, Writing, GIMP, Tumblr
Favorite TV Shows: Big Bang Theory, Bones, anythign on ID
Hobbies: Music, my life revolves around it<3
Favorite Actor/Actress: none
Celebrity Crush: (if any): Kellin Quinn, Andy Biersack, Ben Bruce
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors: Sour Patch Kids, Mint Chocolate Chip
Favorite Holiday: Halloween

Program you currently use:GIMP
Favorite Things:music, writing and art <3
Favorite TV Shows:The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds and Impractical jokers
Hobbies:does writing and drawing count?
Favorite Actor/Actress:i dont have one:/
Celebrity Crush: (if any):<3 Jeremy McKinnon <3 Chris Kamrada <3 Neil Westfall <3
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors:candy is 3 musketeers (its soft and fluffy):) and ice cream is birthday bash
Favorite Holiday:christmas<3

Favorite Things:Music, Ducks :p, Reading, GIMPing, Drawing,
Favorite TV Shows:The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Hollywood Heights, The Secret Circle
HobbiesMaking Banners, Singing, Dancing, Acting weird (which is me all the time :p)
Favorite Actor/Actress:Nina Dobrev, Ariana Grande, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Selena Gomez
Celebrity Crush: (if any):Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors:Vanilla, Salt Water Taffy, Crunch Bars, Jolly Ranchers, Chocolate
Favorite Holiday:Christmas

Favorite Things: Music, Writing, Tumblr
Favorite TV Shows: TGP, Glee, Angel, Buffy, Charmed, Gossip Girl, TVD
Hobbies: Skit Writing, Drama, Photography
Favorite Actor/Actress: Helena Bonham Carter, Marilyn Monroe, Alex Pettyfer, Sarah Michele Gellar, Jensen Ackles
Celebrity Crush: (if any): Paul Wesley <3, Michael Weisman from TGP, and then I still have a thing for Alex Pettyfer
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors: Strawberry, Mystery Flavor, Rocky Road, Cookies and Cream, Blue Raspberry.
Favorite Holiday: Halloween

Program you currently use:GIMP 2.8
Favorite Things: Reading,Making New Friends, and TTS
Favorite TV Shows:Glee,Glee Project,One Tree Hill,BH 90210,Jersey Shore,Teen Wolf,Teen Mom& More.
Hobbies:GIF Searching,watching TV,Angry Birds
Favorite Actor/Actress:Sophia Bush.
Celebrity Crush: (if any):Luke Perry,Vinny(JS),Justin Bieber, and Vin Disel
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors: Snickers/French Vanilla

[Scroll Down]

Views: 2300

Replies to This Discussion

Name(The name you want me to call you):Elena
Favorite Things:Music, Ducks :p, Reading, GIMPing, Drawing,
Favorite TV Shows:The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Hollywood Heights, The Secret Circle
HobbiesMaking Banners, Singing, Dancing, Acting weird (which is me all the time :p)
Favorite Actor/Actress:Nina Dobrev, Ariana Grande, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Selena Gomez
Celebrity Crush: (if any):Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley
Favorite Candy/Ice cream flavors:Vanilla, Salt Water Taffy, Crunch Bars, Jolly Ranchers, Chocolate
Do you have a shop/Gallery on the site:(Attach a link if yes)Gallery and Shop

What Are You Hoping To Learn;Anything your going to teach me

Face Claim;Nina Dobrev

Anything else you would like to tell me:Nope Im just excited for the term

i feel as if this is definitely not my best work, but i tried:) sorry my student banner is kinda late juliee:3 its been storming here since last night and my wifi just cant seem to handle it:(

student banner for juliee's intermediate class:D

Hey Guys Sorry I've been running behind I got sick recently and i can't really seem to make heads or tales of anything in my head but i'm going to try and finish everything today so we can start getting down to the really Stuff :D

I Have a few more questions for ya only because every answer for [what do you hope to learn] was any or every thing. 

Which is sweet but unhelpful to me when i'm picking lessons to teach....

So here we go....After this i promise the real lessons will start! 

Where would you draw the line on Experienced and intermediate:

Stuff you already know:[Mask, Coloring images, color effects...Ect.] 

Anything you've seen your really want to learn;

Where would you draw the line on Experienced and intermediate: I honestly don't know but I think it's where you know and learn important things in Intermediate and then corporating it all in Experienced

Stuff you already know: Coloring Images, Gradient Maps, Focal Points, 4 Sweet Spots

Anything you've seen you really want to learn; How to put pictures into like a photo frame, pictures in a shape, and just to make sure that everything looks put together. :)

Where would you draw the line on Experienced and intermediate: i honestly have no clue:3

Stuff you already know:[Mask, Coloring images, color effects...Ect.]: layer modes, thats a bout it:3

Anything you've seen your really want to learn; not that i cant hink of at this time

Where would you draw the line on Experienced and intermediate: I'd say that an experienced artist knows the basics by heart, and has developed their own techniques for graphics, but an intermediate artist knows basics, but isn't quite ready for anything EXTREMELY difficult, and hasn't developed their own style yet.

Stuff you already know: To be honest, I know a lot of stuff, to name it all in a tiny textbox would take ages. I honestly just want to brush up on some things, and discover "The Juliee Way" and see if you do anything differently than I do.

Anything you've seen your really want to learn; I LOVE the way you edit images and I'd like to see how you do some editing in GIMP since Picnik is gone. D=

Where would you draw the line on Experienced and intermediate:I think experienced is more like you know a lot of different ways to create a banner and if your intermediate you know less ways to make a banner unique

Stuff you already know:[Mask, Coloring images, color effects...Ect.] Coloring Images,Layer Modes, Sweet Spots, Gradients Maps, ect.

Anything you've seen your really want to learn;Not recently, no

Where would you draw the line on Experienced and intermediate:

I'm not entirely sure on how to answer this, but I'll try my best.

I suppose it's based on how much you learn and know what to do to make the graphic more....eye catching.

Stuff you already know:[Mask, Coloring images, color effects...Ect.] I really don't go by names, but the only one I know by name is the layer modes.

Anything you've seen your really want to learn; how to make different kinds of textures. I mostly go and find and use other ones, but there are very few that I make. MOst of the itme they are with picture frames, but I'd like to learn how to do something different with them.

I think its from how the artist makes his or her graphic more easy on the eye so that it will be well liked by those who view it and also being experienced is really knowing how to surpassed each graphic that the artist makes so it tops previous works and intermediate just know all the elements in making a beautiful graphic but somehow doesn't know all that there is to know about graphic making.

Gradient Map, Layer Masks, Blending, Colouring images, Text effects

I want to get better at editing my graphics in GIMP

Hmm. Well, I'm no exactly sure. I wouldn't say that banner designing becomes easier for the person. I think that a more experienced banner maker would obviously know their way around their program a bit better than someone who was intermediate. I think that experienced is just knowing where things are and how they work. I think that an intermediate artist might not know their way around their program as well. I also think that experienced artists are always changing their styles, or changing how they do things, looking for ways to do more daring and interesting things with their work. I think that experienced artists are better with making things both more appealing to the eye and complicated looking where as an intermediate artist might know how to make something appealing but maybe not complicated. I don't know. That's a very tricky line for me to draw. Haha.

I don't see it as a straight line but more as a curved one. I can't quite define where the curves are though. xD

Well, I know how to use gradient maps, vampirizing, layer modes, different text effects, coloring images, masks, rendering, I think I can blend pretty well.. uhm, I'm not really sure what else to call out by name or if I even could call anything else out with out repeating myself. xD

You're really good with stocks and brushes and blending. I just want to learn what you can teach me. =)

I really dont know where I'd draw the line.When I think of a 'Experienced' Banner Maker.I think they know alot about the program they are using.

Color Effects,Erasing,Shadow Effect,Little on Gradients.

No.

Welcome To Lesson One!

Objective:In This lesson you will see new ways to make your banners stand out just a little more

Lesson Album:If you need step by step visual [Lesson One]

Basic Outline/ Description:This is the basic way to make a banner No brushes or textures just photos blended together and a few words on the banner. Now I'm going to show you how to turn a plain banner into a little less of a plain banner with a few details and this is a little more basic i know guys and i'm sorry i'm trying to jump start us but i'm having issues finding this that i don't think are banner effects so i don't double lesson with Nikki because i'm sure most of you are also taking her class so bear with me!

[All photos click for full size if you can't see!]

Step One as Always Open a new Canvas I make mine back you don't have too :)

Now do what you would normally do for a simple banner add your photos blend them cut them fade them however you like then finish it off with some text and color effects

That's what i got and it took me all of five minutes to make it but now I want you to save your banner and Undo everything up to when you added your last photo and were going to go through and add a few more steps to your process :)

The first thing is Go though your photos and play with the modes

I personally like to duplicate the photo two times leaving the bottom one normal and changing the other two to Burn and soft light on low Opacity,

you may be surprised how much it helps the blending process!

Next Step I like to do is to Flatten the banner so I can start playing with the coloring :) 

I like using Color balance first before any other because it brings out the shadows and the highlights but for this banner i made all photos Black and white first by using the Hue-Saturation and putting the Saturation as low as it goes then i used Color Blance

Next I played with the Brightness-Contrast its very fun simply adjust it to how you want or you don't have to i'm just telling you what i did.

Now something I like to do for text is use the Dripper tool [If you don't know what that is it's in the purple highlighted square in the photo Below] to use a color already in the banner just click the drip tool then click on the part of the banner with the color you want!

Now just for fun i like to add line borders I've been really into them lately if you've noticed :)
If you don't know how to do them simply go to SELECT>Section editor and then click the last icon to the right on the bottom a new box will pop up you can adjust the size then hit done and you have a border

then i like to give the border an effect by changing its Mode :) 

Lastly Click Save and Post You Before and Afters Right Here!

If you didn't like this lesson i'm sorry If you have another Detail you do that you think i should have included please let me know!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service