The Twilight Saga

Welcome To Juliee's School Of Thee Arts (JSA)
Introduction: Welcome To My GMPG Thread JSA and I'm sure you can tell what JSA stands for by just looking a little Higher on the page. Now just to let you know I love to treat my Thread like my own little mini school so for this term I've picked a mascot for us I went with a Butterfly it was a teddy bear but Butterflies are more my thing simply because their magical and can fly anywhere and when I think of butterflies I like to think of my grandma who used to say if I were a butterfly all the other butterflies would be jealous of how much more Beautiful I was then them(silly I know). Now back to explaining the school: I Will Be Teaching you All The Tricks I know To Use and Maybe Along The way You Will Teach Me a Few Things. In This Term You Will Learn My Bleanding Tricks, My Gif Secrets, and My Short Cuts.Every week,Unless I Tell You Other Wise, I Will Post A New Lesson So Your Not Stressed Out Over This All Lessons Will Be Posted As Replies and Links To The Specific Reply Will Be Posted Here. Now I Post My Lessons With Links To a Photo Album Which Shows You Step By Step Details About How To Do Something, But If This Doesn't Work For You Let Me Know I Will Go Back Over Lessons And Find Another Way To Explain It To You Don't Ever Be Scared To Say You Don't Get It Guys That Defeats The Purpose Of Me Teaching You. If You Need Help I Will Be Sure To Slow Down And Work With You Till You Understand.

Important Dates

Last Day for GMPG Finals Mar.27.2012
Voting for the Finals Begins Mar.28.2012
Term Begins April.1.2012

Elena

Progam you currently use:GIMP
Favorite Things
Favorite TV Shows:The Vampire Diaries,NCIS,American Idol, Dancing with the Stars
Hobbies:Reading, Writing, Singing
Favorite Actor/Actress:Nina Dobrev
Celebrity Crush: (if any):Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley
Favorite Candy:Chocolate
Favorite Holiday:Christmas

Click the banner to visit Elena's Shop

Andii<3

Progam you currently use: GIMP, Lunapic, PloyVore(textures only), Photo Studio Arc Soft (not alot)

Favorite Things

Favorite TV Shows: Bones, NCIS, Ghost Adventures, Forensic Files, things like those.

Hobbies: Making Graphics, Drawing, Singing

Favorite Actor/Actress:

Celebrity Crush: (if any):  Josh Hutcherson, Andy Biersack, AShley Purdy(its a guy.!), Craig Mabbitt, and um.... that;s it I think:)

Favorite Candy:  Sour Patch Kids x)

Favorite Holiday: Halloween

Click the banner to Visit Andii's shop.

Hunter
Progam you currently use: GIMP 2 / Photoshop Elements 9
Favorite Things
Favorite TV Shows: You're Beautiful, City Hunter, & NCIS
Hobbies: Cosplaying, Mangakaing, Graphic Making, Tumbling
Favorite Actor/Actress: Alexander Ludwig & Johnny Depp & Robert Downey Jr.
Celebrity Crush: (if any): Alexander Ludwig & Kwon JiYoung & Yang Yoseop
Favorite Candy: . . .
Favorite Holiday: 3 Kings Day

Click the banner to visit Hunter's Shop

Questions:

Name(The name you wanted to be called):
Progam you currently use:
Favorite Things
Favorite TV Shows:
Hobbies:
Favorite Actor/Actress:
Celebrity Crush: (if any):
Favorite Candy:
Favorite Holiday:

Do you have a shop/Gallery on the site:
Anything else you would like to tell me:

I also would like to know if you liked your student banner i made for you ( i took a lot of guess as to who to put in your butterfly):
-

JSA Student Banner:

This Banner is Supose to be your Student banner so somewhere on it

should be JSA and your name , but i will also be

using this as a link back to your banner shop so make sure you really try on it

if your banner could be 600x200that would be great but if not that's alright.

Progams We Will Be Using:

Pizap

Picnik

Banner fans

Lunpics

And 

Gimp

Okay guys I told my Pupils from last term this but I think only one every really asked I just want to make this clear now you can request a lesson if you see something I've done or maybe even someone else has done and you want to learn how to do it just post the banner here and I will try my best to teach it to you♥

Lesson Request Form:

Program:
What: (What you want the lesson to be)
Example: (If you saw me do something like this post the banner here)

Lessons:

(Scroll Down)

♥Review

♥Easy as Cake

Free Spot

Finishing Touches♥

Views: 1403

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

This is The way I Download and Install My Brushes, but there are other ways to do this and If you know one and want to share you are free to attach it to this as a reply. Now I know this is for brushes but it also works for Scripts which I will explain more about later.

Since This is pretty long and just an inch complicated I made a step by step album so you can see what I'm talking about if you have questions please ask them!

Album:Installing Brushes

Explanation of what a brush on gimp is:

I think of Brushes kind of like Stamps they can make or break graphics or give them just that little push they need to be great.

These are examples of Brushes

One Example of how to use them:

So Like I said they can give a graphic that push from this:

*Click for full Size*

(The Highlighted Section are my Brushes )

To This:

*Click for full size*

( i'll show you how to do the frames effect if you'd like later )

Hope this helped  you get a better understanding of brushes on Gimp

P.S. This is my finished product for that banner>

I can;t seem to get my laptop to download the brushes :/

I wonder why that is.....which ones were you trying to got because RAR files don't work for me either they download weird...

I Know This is a lot of review Guys but it's almost over I promise I'm trying to post as much as I can so we can get to the Lessons. 

So This is Touch Ups and Mess Ups. 

*Click For Full size* 

This is what your Gimp screen should look like somewhat. I've Highlighted Three Things: ToolBox (Pink), Layer Box (Blue), Tabs (Yellow). We've already gone over the toolbox next is the Layer Box and Tabs. 

*Click for Full Size* 

This is the Layer Box. 

I Like to Keep Layers, Brushes, Patterns, Channels, and Paths (truthfully I only use the first three though). If you don't have the layer box let me know i'll tell you how to pull it up and add everything to it. 

Layers are very important when it comes to making Gifs and using brushes so make sure you know how to open new layers, merge layers, and duplicate layers. 

To Open a New Layers: Right Click a Layer in the layer box and Select "New Layer" 

To Merge Layers: There are two different way to Merger layers but either way you right click the first layer you want to merge and either select "MERGE DOWN" or "MERGE ALL VISIBLE LAYERS" 

To Duplicate Layer: To Duplicate a Layer Simply Right Click the Layer you wish to Duplicate on the layer box and select "DUPLICATE LAYER"

*Click for full size* 

These are the tabs now I'm not going to tell you everything the tabs do just the basic things

File: Opening New Image 

Opening Layers (when working with Gifs)

and Saving Graphics

Edit:For Copying Images 

Pasting Images 

Select:Feathering 

Making Borders 

Invert (for cutting photos)

View: Skipping 

Image: Skipping 

Layers: Skipping 

Colors: For changing colors 

Posterizing 

Blighting and darking 

Tool:Skipping 

Filters: You Have to Look through for yourself and please do there are way too many things for me to explain

*click for full size* 

Now Here's a Trick I have to teach you right off the bat.

Yes I know the key board is colorful and crayola but it's still a Key board 

No The trick is to Undo something you just did with out having to go up to edit. 

You Click CTRL Z

This has Been The Simple But Important Things You have to Know when using Gimp.

So Here are some fun things you can do with fonts on Gimp but first you have to Install them

Here is the Lesson album on how to do just that: Fonts

Next are some simple fonts effects: Borders Patterns Shadows and Cut-outs

First is adding Borders To Text:

Example:

*Click To See Full Size*

So First is adding the Text Just write something simple like your name.Next Your going to want to Duplicate you text layer (see last Review if you don't know how to do that). 

*Click for full size*

After you duplicate your Layer you want to right click the bottom Layer and select TEXT TO SELECTION and the SELECT> GROW a little screen will pop up chose some where around 1-3. Lastly you go to your paint brush tool and select any brush really and color in your border.

Now You have a Border:

Next is adding Patterns To text:

Example:

*Click for Full Size*

So This has the same start as the first one and you can pick up right where you left off on the top one (as in leaving the background and adding the pattern). So If your leaving on the border right click the Top Text layer and Select TEXT TO SELECTION . next choose a pattern from where ever you are keeping them. and Lastly go to Edit and select FILL WITH PATTERN and that's it! :D

Next Is Drop shadows:

Example:

*Click For Full Size*

For This One you Can contunie on what you already have. Now if you use the border text I would sugext using the Border layer to add the drop shadow. What you want to do is Right click the text layer your using and select TEXT TO SELECTION then go to the FILTERS tab and select LIGHTS AND SHADOWS > DROP SHADOW you can leave the shadow black or change it depending on what you want to do but that how you add a drop shadow.

Lastly is Word Pop-Outs: I know this may be a new thing to you but I just wanted to get it "Out of the way"

Example:

This one I have a Lesson Album for To Check it out and post your work :) 

Lesson Album: word Pop outs♥

Well That was a lot :) 

Now that review is over I'll have Lesson One Posted Soon ♥

Objective: In this Lesson you'll learn erasing and Blending on Gimp.

Lesson Albums: Earsing && Blending

Programs Used: Gimp

Due: Final Product for erasing and Bending 

Images:(You may use your own images but If you want to use mine here they are)

Sorry I didn't describe it here like on the reviews if you would like me too just ask Kay :D Questions and request are always welcome♥

How's this.?

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE.!

Perfect Andii♥

Thanks Juliee :)

I did my a little differently then Andii

that's alright :) 

you did a good job ♥

Thanks!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service