The Twilight Saga

**Credit to Claire for flower stock**

Welcome one and all!

Because spring fever is in the air, I decided to use a flower stock in my header to represent spring, and "springing forward"!

I am Nikki by the way, and will be willing to teach any pupil willing to learn!

I use several free websites to gather everything I need to create my final graphic in GIMP.

GIMP is a free program that you have to download.

I have personally used it for roughly a year or more and have had no problems with the program GIMP itself.

Here is the link to directly download GIMP.

If you would like to learn more about the program, just to be safe, feel free to visit www.gimp.org

Below are some of the other sites I plan on incorporating in instruction, click the links to visit and begin getting to know them:

LunaPic.com

Photobucket.com

WeHeartIt.com

Deviantart.com

Okay, as far as tutorials go, I like doing them in units or sections. One for Basics, one for Applying Basics, so on and so forth.

I also post tutorials either on a discussion, in message form, or in Word Document form.

I shall willingly post all forms, but I usually post in both discussion and Word Document form.

AND, if it is a short tutorial, I post it as a comment here!

I pre-post lessons I plan, and add links as I post them, so if a word isn't click-able but it is under the tutorials section, that is why.

Okay, so good luck as pupils, and feel free to look around visitors! Always share your tutorial results as a comment here!

-Nikki

TUTORIALS:

CURRENT UNIT:

**Links may be a bit off, just scroll down if it isn't the right place.*

How To Make an Artificial Gradient

Vampirization, Edits (with layer modes)

Text-On-GIFS (via LunaPic)

BANNER PERFECTIONS

Introduction

Text Placement

Interpretation

Theme

Sweet Spots and Shape (inspired by Claire J. Darling ^-^)

Views: 784

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

So I made this before you posted the tut, but I thought that it went well so I'm going to post it along with my actually assignment. =P

The song I chose was Howl by Florence and the Machine.

I thought that red riding hood kind of fit it.

Nice, I like both :)

THEME TUTORIAL ATTATCHED

Optional Pictures for your assignment here:

Attachments:

How is this?

Wow, Nice :)

THINK LIKE AN ARTIST

Lesson Attatched =)

Attachments:

O.O!

I LOVE MY IMMORTAL!

Great banner too, haha.

Gosh, I never liked goodbyes. =(
This is more than likely our last assignment.

Based on the knowledge I have, GMPG Finals are coming, I am REALLY not sure when. Either way, I’d like for you guys to be prepared with your final product.

I would love to help both of you. If you’d like me to review ANYTHING with you, let me know! I think we’ll at least have this week for the term, maybe a few days less.

Now, remember, after you finish a graphic, proof it yourself. Imagine sweet spots in your head.

And also remember our other lessons.

USE LAYER MODES, DON’T FORGET THEM!

I’m not forcing you to use layer modes, but it was one of the major lessons I taught you.

I'll post a list of our lessons in a second.

LESSON LIST ATTATCHED

Attachments:

I Did my best. I love the song and the video...I cry everytime!:( XD

Haha as do I! Great job :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service