The Twilight Saga

Hello everyone!!!

My name is Claire and I cannot wait to begin this GMPG class with you guys!!!

This term we will be learning fun, neat little tricks to edit photos!

We are going to learn things from Level Adjustments to Gradient Maps to Rendering! Don't worry if you don't know what these things are! I'll explain everything during the lesson!

I'm going to try very hard to teach everyone at least one thing that they did not know!

I am not going to say that I am the best at Photo Editing, but I will teach you all what I know!

I'll be working to get all the lessons up and into a list as soon as possible! There are more to come than what if just listed!

Name: Claire

Username: →badwolf←

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Paramore, Regina Spektor, He Is We, Far And Away, Karmin, Florence + The Machine, The Lumineers, Of Monsters And Men, Milo Greene and a BUNCH more!

Favorite TV Program(s): Doctor Who, Orphan Black, Glee, Graceland, The Glee Project, Warehouse 13, Supernatural, Dollhouse, Daria, Sailor Moon, 

Celebrity Crush: Either Aaron Tveit or Darren Criss. <3333

Link to Gallery: Here =D

Name: Courtney

Username: SirensMayFire

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Sleeping With Sirens, Memphis May Fire, Pierce The Veil, A Day To Remember, Escape The Fate, All Time Low, Crown The Empire, Of Mice & Men, We Are Defiance, We Came As Romans, Blessthefall, Black Veil Brides, Maroon 5, Oh Sleeper & more:3

Favorite TV Program(s): Adventure Time, Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds & Roseanne:3

Celebrity Crush: Justin Hills from Sleeping With Sirens<3

Link to Gallery: oh hey:3

Name:Elena

Username:A Thousand Years

Favorite Band/Artist(s):Florence+the Machine, Lana Del Ray, Sara Bareilles,Taylor Swift, The Fray, Ed Sheeran, and many, many more!

Favorite TV Program(s): The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Twisted, The Fosters, Dance Moms

Celebrity Crush: Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, and many more!

Link to Gallery:Here!

Name: Jessa

Username: Jessa Dawson

Favorite Band/Artist(s): The Neighbourhood, Nirvana, Flyleaf, Ingrid Michaelson

Favorite TV Program(s): Doctor Who, Supernatural, Under The Dome, Once Upon a Time

Celebrity Crush: Bradley Cooper :3

Link to Gallery: here

Name:Juliee
Username:Romance Is My Fiction
Favorite Band/Artist(s):Marina and The Diamonds, Band of Perry, Taylor swift, Casey Abrams, Ingrid Michelson, Sara Baralise, More...
Favorite TV Program(s): Doctor Who, Warehouse 13, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Psych, bones, anything else along the same lines. 
Celebrity Crush: Andrew Garfield♥♥♥
Link to Gallery:http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/twilightgraphicsbannersandtutorial...

Name: Kelice

Username: Katerina

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Evanescence, Flyleaf, Paramore, Florence and the Machine, etc.

Favorite TV Program(s):Pretty Little Liars, Twisted, Dance Moms, Andy Sixx

Celebrity Crush: Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson, Kellin Quinn

Link to Gallery: My Gallery

Name: Kara

Username: Kara [SomeNights]

Favorite Band/Artist(s): fun., Walk the Moon, Lana Del Rey, Imagine Dragons, Little Mix, 30 Seconds to Mars, 1D, Florence + the Machine, & Ellie Goulding.

Favorite TV Program(s): Girls, the Walking Dead, & Teen Wolf

Celebrity Crush: Leonardo Dicaprio

Link to Gallery: Click Me c:

Name: Nikki

Username: Nikki, My Dear

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Laura Marling, Marina and the Diamonds, Sky Ferreira, Allen Stone, Bon Iver, Milo Greene, WAY TOO MANY TO LIST.

Favorite TV Program(s): Supernatural, Doctor Who, Merlin, TGP, Malcolm In the Middle, Gossip Girl

Celebrity Crush: Changing all the time... right now its Joseph Gordon Levitt because of 500 Days of Summer.

Link to Gallery: click here

Name: Niya

Username: HeartStealer™

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Sleeping With Sirens, Paramore, Lana Del Ray, Black Veil Brides, BOTDF, 21 Pilots, Maroon 5, Delta Rae, Imagine Dragons, Robert Patterson, Selena Gomez, TIMEFLIES, SIA, AWOLNATION, Blue Foundation, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, FUN, Florence + The Machine, Macklemore, Jake Miller, etc.

Favorite TV Program(s): Twisted, Pretty Little Liars, The Fosters, Switched at Birth, Teen Wolf, SKINS, Hit the Floor, The Lying Game, The Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones

Celebrity Crush: Aaron Johnson, Channing Tatum, Kellan Lutz, Dylan O' Brien, Avan Jogia, David Lambert, Alex Pettyfer, Adam S, Gevani, Ryan Guzman, Ian Somerhalder, The Carver Twins, Jack & Finn( twins), Keegan Allen, Jake T. Austin,

Link to Gallery: N/A

Name: Rachel

Username: Rachel [PainfullyShy]

Favorite Band/Artist(s):Ellie Goulding, Paramore, Florence +The Machine,The Pretty Reckless, Taylor Swift, Bridgit Mendler, Ed Sheeran, Lana Del Rey, Demi Lovato, Britt Nicole and more!

Favorite TV Program(s): Graceland, The Big Bang Theory, Supernatural, Orphan Black, Doctor Who, Castle, Bones, Good Luck Charlie, Glee, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Under The Dome

Celebrity Crush: Taylor Lautner, Joseph Morgan, Chris Hemsworth and Nicholas Hoult

Link to Gallery:My Graphic Gallery

Name: Sara

Username: sαяα{♔тнє qυєєη σƒ тнє ωσłѵєs♔}

Favorite Band/Artist(s):Florence+the Machine, Lana Del Ray, Sara Bareilles,Taylor Swift, The Fray, Ed Sheeran,Sleeping With Sirens,Breaking Benjamin, Justin Bieber,Jensen Ackles,Samantha Banks,Marilyn Manson, Theory Of A Deadman, All Time Low, Richard Colson Baker aka Machine Gun Kelly

Favorite TV Program(s): Supernatural,Merlin,Being Human,Lost Girl,Shameless,True Blood, Bad Girls Club,Roseanne,Sex and The City,Awkward,Teen Wolf,um....Oh Degrassi.

Celebrity Crush: Jensen Ackles, MGK, and Dylan O'Brien

Link to Gallery: Merp <3

• Focal Points and Sweet Spots
  • Level and Curve Adjustments
  • Gradient Maps
  • Blur
  • Rendering
  • Overlays
  • Adding Make-Up
  • Changing Colors

Tags: 5, Editing, GMPG, GMPG5, Photo

Views: 2199

Replies to This Discussion

Rendering

And now it's time for rendering. Rendering is a tricky thing to do, very persnickety. :3

Once you get the hang of it, it isn't as hard, but I don't think it ever really loses a sort of very careful approach.

1.) Find a photo of a person.

It does not have to be your face claim.

But it needs to be of a person for now.

You need a LARGE photo!!!

No photo with a side under 300 is going to work properly. It's just too small and too hard to work with.

This photo cannot be "hairy,"

What I mean by hairy is that there cannot be lots of fly away hairs.

The photos below are all too hairy to work for this lesson, so any photos similar, please do not use any that are similar.

Do you see the areas on their hair where it sticks out? Those a big no-no's when it comes to starting out with rendering!

Another that would be a no-no would be places where the head or hair is cut off like in these photos:

These are just a few things to keep in mind while looking for your photo.

If you need a photo let me know.

2.) Open you photo up in GIMP.

3.) File >New 

Do not change the size, just go to Advanced Options and change the background color to Transparency. You are going to use this empty canvas after you have rendered your image.

4.) Find your Zoom Tool and zoom into the photo.

You want to be able to see the lines that you are cutting clearly.

This is how far zoomed in I am, you may want to go IN further, I do not suggest going any further out. 

5.) Go to your Tool Box Window and find the Paths Tool

You should not need to mess with any settings.

Just keep the "Design" option selected.

6.) Begin to trace around you photo with the Paths Tool by clicking.

7.) Once you have made it all the way around the photo, click enter.

You will get a moving line that looks like that:

8.) Go to Edit> Copy

9.) Now click on the empty canvas I had you make earlier and either go Edit > Paste

or hit CTRL > V

10.) Save as a .png and you can now use this image whenever you want!

And there you have it. A rendered image! =D

Here is mine:

I think her bun was a bit too hairy for me to get around. 

That's why you have got to find photos that are not hairy.

If you need help find a proper photo to use or have any questions or ANYTHING just ask!!!

I'd be happy to help you!

Good luck with the tutorial!

Be sure to post your results!!!

Heres mine!

I messed up in a couple of places, especially her hand XD

It's okay Elena you did a fantastic job!!!

I think it looks great!!!

Rendering :) 

Beautiful job Juliee!!!

AMAZING job Kara!!!!

sorry I'm so behind/.\

Blur

before:

After:

Rendering

This was a completely new technique for rendering for me. I've never done it this way, & this helped me finally learn how to use the path tool cx thank you^-^ 

Also, I'm starting my first year of high school on August 7th, so I may not be as active because it's going to be hard to get adjusted to all the extra work since I'm taking a few honors classes:3

You did a FANTASTIC job on both!!!

I cannot believe that you are just beginning starting out with rendering! You're such a natural!!!

And that's fine! I completely understand the whole honors classes thing. I don't have any regular classes, they are all honors or some other version of advanced placement. Take your time getting on! School is the most important thing! I go back to school the same day you do!

Awh thank you so much!^-^

& thanks for understanding, I 'll do my best to not get too far behind:)

I've never really done this before so. I hope I did alright

You did fine! The only thing I would say is that I asked everyone use a larger photo.

Other than that, you did a fantastic job Sara!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service