The Twilight Saga

WELCOME GIMPers!

So, as in the original discussion, we will rate graphics on a scale of 1-10. HOWEVER, not to be rude, but in order to rate someone's graphic in this discussion, you have to have some experience in GIMP. This is so that, you aren't getting a poor rating from someone who doesn't know the difference between GIMP and Photoshop (I'm REALLY sorry if that sounded mean or arrogant, but I tried to say it in the best way possible). You will get a rating based on the program you used, and of course, how well you did on the graphic.

REMEMBER, this will be one or two artists opinions out of a gazillion, so it isn't the end of the world if you don't get the best rating. This goes for raters too. Give constructive critisism! Don't just say that a graphic is bad, give reasons WHY it is bad if it is, and ways the artist can IMPROVE!

I would personally recommend setting up your rating like this:

Good Qualities:

-

-

Things the artist can improve on:

-

-

AND, Overall Rating:

_____

You don't have to set it up exactly like the example, but that is the kind of stuff you should probably consider including in your rating.

Now, that is all the boring stuff, so overall, HAVE FUN!

-Nikki

Views: 641

Replies to This Discussion

Alright, I guess I'll be the first to post. 
Vampirizing-

Original-

Edited-

Additional Edit (Not vampirized)- 

Original-

Edited-

My biggest concern here is that it looks a little too much like they're almost glowing, I tried lowering brightness, but it didn't do much, any feedback? 

I think you did a fantastic job on these! :D

Vamping pics (or changing colors in them in general) is a tricky and time consuming job, and it shows that you worked hard on these ^^

What you could improve would probably be the way they "glow" a bit (But then again, you're already aware of that ;P)

I'd say an overall rating of 9.8 from me ^^

P.S If you're having trouble with the "glowing" (I know the frustration it can cause btw), I made a GIMP tut on how to vamp a pic ^^ It shows how you can also turn someones skin pale ^^

Minnie's vamping Tut for GIMP

Okay, so I made this:

Could I get a rating on it?

I'll rate you Nikki :)

Good Qualities:

Love the text , and the whole theme, also the colors!

-

-

You could try and cut and erase a little more smooth and on elena's left arm, you indented a little too much. Also, the clock is a bit rough. But great job!

-

-

AND, Overall Rating:

__6.5/10__

GREAT JOB!

Thank you so much Jen!

I made this and I would like to get it rated?

This was made in GIMP.

Good Qualities:

- I LOVE that the images are like, in the flame, and I really love the overall texture.

- The coloring was done well

I really don't know what to say, you did AMAZINGLY!

AND, Overall Rating: 10

Thank you so much Nikki ! :D

I'll rate yours above !

Your Welcome

Pros: I really like whatever pattern you've got in your text (Is it flowers?), and the colors work well together. 

Cons: I don't like the way you've got your photos here, it's hard to see, I think it would have benefited from just one or two pictures of the entire face, versus the way you've got it setup with the four or five of pieces of her face. 

I would have liked to see more than one color in your brushes behind the images. 

Rating: 4, sorry, dear, but I know you can do better, and I don't find it very visually appealing. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service