I was at the movies yesterday watching New Moon and there was someone behind us, continuously asking questions of the people she was with as she obvously had never read the book or watched Twilight, It drove me mental!!!
For gods sake, watch…"
"is this the right topic to write down a review!! I hope it does if its not please admins to remove my post...
First of all I am a 27 years old female who has read all both four books several times and felt in love with them a long time before even…"
Top 20 Unfortunate Lessons Girls Learn From ‘Twilight’
1. If a boy is aloof, stand-offish, ignores you or is just plain rude, it is because he is secretly in love with you — and you are the point of his existence.
2. Secrets are good — especially life-threatening ones.
3. It’s OK for a romantic interest to be dimwitted, violent and vengeful — as long as he has sparkles.
4. If a boy tells you to stay away from him because he is dangerous and may even kill you, he must be the love of your life. You should stay with him since he will keep you safe forever.
5. If a boy leaves you, especially suddenly (while telling you he will never see you again), it is because he loves you so much he will suffer just to keep you safe.
6. When a boy leaves you, going into shock, losing all your friends and enduring night terrors are completely acceptable occurrences — as long as you keep your grades up.
7. It is extremely romantic to put yourself in dangerous situations in order to see your ex-boyfriend again. It’s even more romantic to remember the sound of his voice when he yelled at you.
8. Boys who leave you always come back.
9. Because they come back, you should hold out, waiting for them for months, even when completely acceptable and less-abusive alternative males present themselves.
10. Even though you have no intention of dating an alternative male who expresses interest in you, it is fine to string the young man along for months. Also, you should use him to fix things for you. Maybe he’ll even buy you something.
11. You should use said male to fix things because girls are incapable of anything mechanical or technical.
12. Lying to your parents is fine. Lying to your parents while you run away to save your suicidal boyfriend is an extremely good idea that shows your strength and maturity. Also, it is what you must do.
13. Car theft in the service of love is acceptable.
14. If the boy you are in love with causes you (even indirectly) to be so badly beaten you end up in the hospital, you should tell the doctors and your family that you “fell down the steps” because you are such a silly, clumsy girl. That false explanation always works well for abused women.
15. Men can be changed for the better if you sacrifice everything you are and devote yourself to their need for change.
16. Young women should make no effort to improve their social skills or emotional state. Instead, they should seek out potential mates that share their morose deficiencies and emotional illnesses.
17. Girls shouldn’t always read a book series just because everyone else has.
18. When writing a book series, it’s acceptable to lift seminal source material and bastardize it with tired, overwrought teenage angst.
19. When making or watching a major feature film, you should gleefully embrace the 20 minutes of plot it provides in between extended segments of vacant-eyed silence and self-indulgent, moaning banter.
20. Vampires — once among the great villains of literature and motion pictures — are no longer scary. In fact, they’re every bit as whiny, self-absorbed and impotent as any human being.
I am 47 and it was through a friends daughter showing e the film that she got me started on the saga. I then bought New Moon and from that moment I was hooked. I read it in 3 days, closely followed by Eclipse and Breaking dawn both in a couple of days. Now I am starting to read it again having bought and read Twilight, but seen as I am of an age I tend to look at Charlie as if I was him.
Thanks, but the Charlie Swan comment is because I am a little to old to fight on the side of either Edward or Jacob. To me Charlie is the man caught up in the middle of all of this and I would be the first to stand by him.