"Happy they are of help :) But I must say I am not that active anymore, stuff have come up, so not active here anymore. Just keeping track of my own posts generally, and updating them when someone posts."
"Well Lisa, it is very much like leaving a kid alone in front of a bowl of candy and expecting them not to eat any... lol
No way could I resist watching that scene and besides, it will be completely different when we watch it on the big screen. Oh,…"
"Thought I was going to be SO strong and not peek in my NM Companion when it came, not watch too many videos (especially stuff regarding the Volturi fight, the reunion in Italy, you know Edward stuff). NEVER thought the whole breakup scene would be…"
"Paramore was good, more 'gentle' music than their previous CD. Not so bold or cheery. But I was doing domestic work at the same time as listening so can't say much yet (you can only hear partly when working and walking around the…"
"Thanks, Lisa. I just watched the breakup scene and it was just like from the book = looking like reality, just like it happened!!! OMG, I couldn't believe it was possible to make it look so good. Just like the story in the book!
1. Obviously, I’m a tremendous fan of The Twilight Saga, was like love at first sight. Stephenie Meyers have done a fantastic job with it, every small detail of it, there aren't words. In truth, The Twilight Saga is like a drug to me, I can't go long without getting a yearning for more, been so ever since I started reading the books. And also what lead me to go further than just the reading and watching of the books and movies, why I am here now.
2. Been a hardcore World of Warcraft player going on 4 years now, almost since the start. But when I started on reading the TTS books for the first time, It left me for weeks without even logging in, the game seemed totally unimportant in comparison - if you're a WoW player yourself, you know how much that is saying. Twilight finally broke me out of the unhealthy addiction I felt toward the game.
3. I am a very committed person. Whenever I get my mind on something or find something that really intrigues me, I go into great depth with it to found out all I can. Sharing discussions with other fans/antis is a great way for finding different views on it, and is also something I take great pleasure in at same time.
4. In real life, I have a job as Kindergarden Teacher. I am one of many talents of various proffesions, but working with children simply is the most gratifying job I've encountered. And you never get bored, something that has been the issue with previous jobs, new things happen every day.
5. I love the outdoors - jogging in the woods, swimming, playing sports. Doing whenever I can and when I’m not deeply in the middle of a book.
When Did You First Read Twilight (year) and how many times have you read a Twilight Book (total)?
I am a newcomer; I first read the books in 2009. When I first saw the movie (Twilight), it instantly caught my attention. I watched it over and over looking through every detail; it left me yearning for more and was almost unbearably having to wait for the next movie to be released. But then found out about their origin, that they were actually based on books. And I was thrilled to find out there were 4 books in the saga, so I instantly bought them and started reading. Was like a frenzy when I started, the story was so vivid and emotional that I lived straight into it; I couldn’t stop reading book by book until it was finished.
Have read every book twice now, but like the rest of the fans here, in the middle of rereading them again. and if you count the Midnight Sun draft for being half a book, it brings it up to 9 books so far.
Team Edward or Team Jacob? Why?
I would have to pick Edward. Both characters are fantastic. But as I moved into the books, I found certain circumstances where I think Jacob handles things in a wrong way. While loving and caring for Bella, some of his actions and decisions seem to be based partly on his own desires and feelings, and not always what is best for Bella (and him for that matter). Which is the opposite of how Edward handles things, he is more selfless; what is best for Bella and how she feels always comes first, and he’s welcoming to whatever her decision is, if that decision doesn’t involve risking her own life. Edward has always been the thoughtful and caring person, and how he expresses his unconditional love toward Bella is fascinating.
Which Character Are You Most Like?
Tough one. Would like to consider myself more alike Edward, than anyone else in the saga. However, as I haven't found true love yet myself (can only hope), I can't say for certaint that I would express my affection and emotions in much the same way. But would like to think so, if I met a person that felt the same way. However in smaller ways, I am also like Bella, in her compassionate way of thinking at times - I often dwell on the way I acted/responded to someone, to be sure I handled it in a right way. And I'm not afraid to admit to a mistake, if I realise I made one.
1. The Twilight Saga
2. Broken Sky
3. Percy Jackson: The Olympian Series
4. Lord of the Rings
5. Harry Potter
6. Dragon Ball (manga comic)
What is Your Favorite Music
Enjoy all genres of music, all from classic to rock, only exception is rap. To mention but a few of my favorite singers/bands:
Apocalyptica, Muse, Evanescence, Flyleaf, Linken Park, Fauxilage, NIN, White Lies, Blutengel, Swan Lee, Abba...
Favorite Movies, TV Shows, Games:
Mr. Brooks, Meet Joe Black, Twilight Saga, Lord of the Rings, Braveheart, Gladiator, Bourne Triology, Riddick Chronicles, Pride and Prejudice(BBC version), Romeo+Juliet, Seven...
Dexter, Supernatural, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, The Vampire Diaries, Moonlight...
World of Warcraft(PC), Final Fantasy X - X2(PS2), Super Smash Bros. Melee(NGC), Golden Sun(GBA).
Edward: "Your scent.. It's like a drug to me, my own personal brand of heroine"
Edward: 'Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world'
Bella: "The worst the Volturi can do is kill me", "You can leave me"
Bella: "So let's both just be hopeful, all right?", "Not that it matters. If you stay, I won't need heaven"
Edward: "Watch out for my heart, I left it with you"
Claire: "Aaaaawl ob dem!!"
Bella: "Why am I covered in feathers?"
Bella: 'Where before there was just one thing I could not live without, now there were two. There was no division - my love was not split between them now; it wasn't like that. It was more like my heart had grown, swollen up to twice its size in that moment. All that extra space, already filled'
Renesmee: "I love you"
Bella: "I love you, too", "More than my own life"
Reading books, watching movies, listening to music, spending time with friends, dancing, trips to the woods, sports, working out in the gym.. etc
Since you mentioned the quotes in your profile, I thought to look at them but found also your pictures here. Wow, what scenery! Looks rather cold and air must be quite low oxygen there. And your ride there must have been interesting as well (swinging movement in the cabin if windy?). Oh, and good collection of quotes too! :)
Glad you like the music - sorry to say though I can't help you with Esme's song - I was searching twilight music and it came up but had no other info - I liked it though. And if you search for Let me sign, it should come up but no it was not on the soundtrack and I was disappointed by that.
Went back to your comment - it is interesting, and I know kids will pick up the crap from elsewhere even when parents are trying to be proactive as I am. Any advice hos I can help my daughter grow up to sty on the straight and narrow?