* Kristen Stewart has naturally green eyes. She wears brown contacts for filming to match Bella's eye color.
* Kellan Lutz intended on keeping his natural curly hair for the role of Emmett Cullen. However, his previous role in "Generation Kill" (2008) required a buzz cut and his hair didn't grow fast enough for the filming of Twilight (2008/I).
* Henry Cavill was Stephenie Meyer's first choice to play Edward. However, but by the time production was to begin, he was 25 years old, and no longer looked the part of a 17-year old. He was then offered the part of Carlisle Cullen but turned it down due to his commitment with "The Tudors" (2007).
* For the role of Edward Cullen, Robert Pattinson flew from England to director Catherine Hardwicke's house to audition. There, he and Kristen Stewart, who was already cast as Bella Swan, rehearsed the "Love Scene"/"Meadow Scene" on Hardwicke's own bed.
* All of the actors playing the Cullens wear topaz-colored contacts.
* Taylor Lautner had to wear a wig for his role as Jacob Black.
* Over 5,000 actors auditioned for the role of Edward.
* According to a July interview between network.nationalpost.com and director Catherine Hardwicke, Kristen Stewart was recommended for the role of Bella Swan by Emile Hirsch, her co-star from Into the Wild (2007) and whom Hardwicke directed in Lords of Dogtown (2005).
* The script was finished in 6 weeks.
* Robert Pattinson stated in an interview that this is his first American role and he had no formal training to perfect his American accent.
* Henry Cavill was offered the part of Edward Cullen due to the fan base he had of him playing Edward. He declined the offer, and was later offered the role of Carlisle Cullen but declined that role as well.
* When the 'evil vampires' make their first appearance, actors Cam Gigandet, Rachelle Lefevre and Edi Gathegi are all wearing little slippers painted like bare feet.
* Jessica in the movie is a combination of the characters Jessica Stanley and Lauren Mallory from the book.
* Eric in the movie is a combination of the characters Eric Yorkie and Ben Cheney from the book.
* Kristen Stewart wore hair pieces so they didn't have to waste time doing her hair, and therefore had more time to shoot.
* Kristen Stewart turned eighteen while filming the movie and was rewarded with a birthday cake - and a full night of shooting.
* Nikki Reed (Rosalie Hale) and Jackson Rathbone (Jasper Hale) learned how to play baseball left-handed for the famous baseball scene.
* Stephenie Meyer claims these authors partially inspired her: Jane Austen, Orson Scott Card, Shakespeare, and Charlotte Bronte
* Christian Serratos wore her own glasses for her part as Angela Weber.
* When Bella is searching the internet and finds the link for the bookstore in Port Angeles, the link above it is for Little Brown. Little Brown is the publisher of the Twilight Saga.
* Before casting, Robert Pattinson had never heard of the Twilight novel. He only attended casting because he liked Kristen Stewart's performance in Into the Wild (2007).
* MTV Films & Maverick Films were the original owners of the rights to produce the film. Paramount was set as the distributor. Eventually MTV Films wasn't able to get a script they felt was good enough for the film and Summit Entertainment ended up getting the rights and actually producing and distributing the film.
* Cameo: [Stephenie Meyer] The author of the original books can be seen next to a laptop ordering a vegetarian sandwich in the diner at the beginning of the scene where Charlie asks Bella if she likes the boys in town.
* With a $70.6 mil debut gross, the movie had the top debut ever for a film directed by one woman (as of 2008).
* At the cafeteria salad bar, Bella drops an apple which Edward picks back up and then cradles in his hands, copying the cover image of the Twilight novel. On the one of the DVD's special features Catherine Hardwicke said that took them 13 takes to it right.
* Stephenie Meyer cited the band Muse as her source of inspiration to write her books. Another of her favorite groups is Linkin Park, who contributed a song in the soundtrack.
* Kristen Stewart's stunt double, Katie Powers, also plays a waitress at the diner.
* During the filming of the prom scene, Kristen Stewart didn't like the songs playing so suggested 'Flightless Bird, American Mouth' by Iron & Wine which they decided to use.
* In almost every scene involving a television, the ending ballet studio scene is being played.
* Robert Pattinson performed two songs in the movie, however only one of these songs, "Never Think," appears on the soundtrack. His other song, "Let Me Sign", is a bonus track.
* At a midnight screening in Texarkana, Texas, Nov. 27, 2008, a gentleman dropped to his knee with a ring as the credits rolled. To the delight of the screaming crowd, he asked his girlfriend if theirs might be as enduring and unconditional a love as the one shared by Edward and Bella.
* In the hospital scene, when Bella and her mother are talking about the accident, the TV in the background can be seen playing the previous scene.
* It took 36 hours to turn Nikki Reed's naturally brunette hair to blonde.
* All of the Cullens can be seen wearing jewelry with the same symbol on it. Edward, Jasper, and Emmett all had the same wristband, and Alice and Rosalie had similar necklaces with the symbol on it; Esme had a bracelet and Carlisle had a ring.
* The jacket worn by Solomon Trimble in the LaPush beach scene was handmade by his mother from a Pendleton blanket.
* Robert Pattinson unknowingly contributed two songs to this film. Apparently, he didn't know that "a mysterious third party" had given the director a copy of music he had recorded years ago. She decided to use two of the songs, and he was surprised to hear them when viewing early film footage. The songs are: "Never Think" [playing during the restaurant scene] and "Let Me Sign" (plays during the scene where Edward has to drink Bella's blood to save her). Pattinson said he was overwhelmed by how well "Let Me Sign" fit into the film.
* Stephenie Meyer wrote a parallel novel (unfinished) to 'Twilight' called 'Midnight Sun.' It tells the story of the first book from Edward's point of view. In it, he comments that the arrival of Bella to the school has all of the boys "acting like they're in first grade and she's the shiny new toy". This thought is spoken aloud by Jessica during Bella's first lunch in the cafeteria.
* The original release date for Twilight (2008/I) was December 12, 2008. When the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) was moved from November 21, 2008, to July 17, 2009, Twilight's release date was moved forward to November 21 in a attempt to fill the Harry Potter gap.
* Catherine Hardwicke has said that she filmed a scene with' Robert Pattinson' taken directly out of 'Midnight Sun', the unfinished novel by Stephenie Meyer telling the story of Twilight through Edward's perspective. Hardwicke said this scene will be on the DVD.
* The Cullen family crest (seen worn by all the Cullens) is a lion with a hand over its head, and a downward pointing chevron with 3 clovers. The lion was added because of the famous line "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb", but the other portions (chevron, clovers, and hand) are from the actual Cullen Coat of Arms, although there are fewer clovers (2), more hands (3), and a sheaf of wheat on the real one.
* Even though there is a song by Radiohead in the movie, it never made it to the official soundtrack album.
* Stephenie Meyer had her own personal cast before all the roles were officially casted. They including Emily Browning as Bella Swan, Henry Cavill as Edward Cullen, Charlie Hunnam as Carlisle Cullen, Mary-Louise Parker as Esme Cullen, Rachael Leigh Cook as Alice Cullen, Trent Ford as Jasper Hale, Tom Welling as Emmett Cullen and Olivia Wilde as Rosalie Hale.
* The movie was shot in 48 days.
* Nikki Reed was the one who got the producers to add Robert Pattinson's songs to the film. Reed secretly started recording him from her laptop, while he was singing, and playing his guitar. She then took it to the film producers, were they fell in love with his songs. The next day, they asked Rob if he could sing a few of his songs for the soundtrack, and he accepted.
* Cam Gigandet was originally cast as Emmett Cullen, but asked director Catherine Hardwicke if he could play the role of James instead. She agreed.
* The beer that Charlie drinks in the movie is "Rainer Beer", a brewing company originally based out of Seattle, Washington.
* Robert Pattinson actually plays the piano in the scene where Edward is playing Bella's Lullaby.
* The song playing on the background when Bella comes to "have dinner" at the Cullen's is the aria "Libiamo" from La Traviata. "Libiamo" literally means "Let's Drink", which is exactly what the Cullens do when they "have dinner".
* When Bella and Edward are lying in the meadow, the sun coming through the trees makes a heart between them.
* Prior to the release of the Twilight Soundtrack featuring Carter Burwell's scored theme of "Bella's Lullaby", Yurima's piano composition, "River Flows in You", was largely and erroneously believed by many fans to be featured in the movie as the lullaby. This was due to a popular fan site including the piece by Yurima on a playlist of songs that served as their personal soundtrack for the Twilight book. While this song was how the fan site imagined the lullaby to sound (and subsequently thousands of fans online), it was never a part of the movie.
* Matt Bellamy of Muse gave Carter Burwell music for Bella's Lullaby, but it wasn't used.
* While entering the building at the prom, Victoria can be seen at a slot machine to the right of Bella, her hair in a bun, fur, and dress.
* As soon as Robert Pattinson was cast, he moved to Oregon and began working on his character, both physically and mentally. He worked out five hours a day with a trainer: learning to fight, play baseball, and do stunts. He also had to learn to drive and get an Oregon driver's license.
* When Edward enters the cafeteria, Robert Pattinson's sister, Lizzie, can be heard singing vocals on the soundtrack.
* Robert Pattinson moved to Oregon a few weeks before filming began and didn't talk to anyone to try and feel as isolated as Edward Cullen.
* In the first biology classroom scene, Edward Cullen is clearly shown with white wings, an indirect hint about his angelic beauty as written in the book.
* The apple on the cover of the book is not only a symbol for the forbidden; in Scandinavian mythology the apple is a symbol for eternal youth and beauty.
* The first scenes filmed for the movie were the ballet room showdown and the baseball scene as Cam Gignet had to leave the set to shoot another movie.
* Edward's car is a Volvo C30.
* The dress Kristen Stewart wears in the prom scene was only twenty dollars. The suit Robert Pattinson wore was the most expensive item of clothing from the entire shoot.
* When Carlisle bit Edward, he whispered something into his ear. The first time it was "I'm sorry" then "My son". On about the fifth take he said, "You're sexy".