* Continuity: The second time Bella is in the hospital, the oxygen tubing switches between over top of her eyes and away from her eyes.
* Continuity: When Edward drops Bella off at the police station on the way back from Port Angeles, she doesn't have her bag, which contained the book she picked up from the book store that she uses later on to research the "cold ones".
* Revealing mistakes: When Charlie gives Bella the mace, he hands her a green can. Green cans are inert, and used for training.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Vampires sparkle when exposed to the sun. When Edward and Bella come to school, he is wearing sunglasses, which would not be necessary if he was trying to avoid the sun. However, it's clear he is wearing them as a fashion accessory, and to make his skin look paler. It's also why the Cullens usually wear dark clothing.
* Continuity: When Bella confronts Edward in the forest, the flap on his right shoulder of his jacket is buttoned down, then unbuttoned, then buttoned again.
* Continuity: When Edward is telling Bella how much he could hurt her, his hand on the tree goes from being flat against it, to resting on his fingers and back again.
* Revealing mistakes: In the cafeteria, when Bella drops the apple and Edward catches it, he has visible pit stains. Vampires don't sweat.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Bella is confronting Edward about being a vampire, there are what appears to be visible bite marks on the left side of his neck. However, these are moles, not bite marks.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: There's a scene where Edward and Bella are talking in the forest, it's raining heavily and they are soaking wet. Soon after they are shown talking in another forest location, and appear to be completely dry. This could, however, indicate the passage of time, especially given their change of clothes. It is therefore assumed that their conversation takes place over several days.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the garage, Edward asks Rosalie and Esme to put on Bella's clothing to mislead the tracker. Edward throws clothes towards Esme. Esme was in the scene for quite a while, getting stuff in the background. She was just out of frame when he addressed her.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the garage, Rosalie and Emmett put their belongings in Emmett's jeep and get in. In the next shot, the jeep is no longer in the garage, and Rosalie's convertible and Carlisle's Mercedes are driving off. However, the jeep hasn't left the garage, it's just out of frame in the next shot. Esme takes Rosalie's convertible, which is why it leaves at the same time as Carlisle's Mercedes.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Edward says in the movie that vampires never sleep. When Bella wakes up in the hospital, he appears to be sleeping. He was pretending to sleep in order to appear normal, and to give Bella and her mom privacy to talk.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the very last scene, Victoria turns to leave the balcony overlooking the gazebo where Bella and Edward are dancing, with her hair tied up. As the camera cuts to her leaving down the stairs, her hair is flowing behind her. Victoria pulled out her hair pin at the top of the stairs.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the scene where Bella goes to the ballet studio to give herself up for her mother, James the vampire is visible in all of the mirrors. As the legend goes, vampires' reflections are not supposed to be seen in mirrors. Yet both the movie and books often diverge from traditional vampiric legends, such as mirror reflections, burning in sunlight, wooden stakes, repelling from crosses, and so on.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Charlie takes Bella to her room, you see three naked Barbies: one on her desk under the bulletin board, and two are on the wall behind her, near the bulletin board. As the movie progresses, they disappear. As Bella makes the room her own, she is going to move things around, including the Barbies.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: After Edward saves Bella from the car crash, she overhears him, Carlisle, and Rosalie talking in the hospital. Vampires usually talk so fast and low that human ears cannot understand them, but they can also talk slowly and quietly. They were talking "human" because other people were around.
* Continuity: Throughout the film, dark roots appear and disappear from Rosalie's hair.
* Continuity: When Bella confronts Edward, her red book bag on the left of the screen seems to flip and move around in different shots.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: James, Laurent and Victoria not noticing the fact Bella was human when they first arrived at the baseball field. Not only would they smell her blood (James in particular, being a tracker) but their enhanced hearing would allow them to hear her heart beating. However, in the books, the three arrive at the baseball field, and are there for a few minutes before the wind blows Bella's scent to them, alerting them that she is human.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Victoria's presence going unnoticed at prom. Edward can read minds, Alice can see the future and all of the Cullens have enhanced vampire senses so the chances of her going by unnoticed is highly unlikely. While some have said it is possible that Alice would not be focusing on Victoria and Edward was too preoccupied with Bella to hear Victoria's thoughts, Edward specifically says to Bella (right after Alice sees James change course) "the woman is still in the area". Knowing that Victoria was still in Forks, Edward and Alice would certainly still be keeping an eye out for her and since Edward had heard Victoria's thoughts and voice already, he would know what to listen for. He definitely should have noticed her at the prom, however, if he had noticed her he would have gone after her and that would have diverged from the book too much. Victoria's purpose at the prom was simply to leave a cliffhanger for the next movie (though it does cause some factual mistakes). Additionally it's explained in the book Edward's ability to read minds is a lot like being in a hall filled with people talking, it's just a hum until he focuses on one 'voice' - if he's not listening for Victoria, he may not 'hear' her.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: After Bella is out of the hospital she still wears a leg brace when she is heading to prom. But she doesn't have any bandage or mark on her right arm from when she was bitten. However, the venom that changes human to vampire heals the body in that process, thus also the skin. There might be a scar, but the wound would certainly be healed well enough for Bella to go without bandages.
* Continuity: When James breaks Bella's leg in the ballet studio, it looks broken. In a far away shot, she is holding her leg, and it doesn't look broken. Later, after Edward falls and she slides away, she moves both of her legs. If it was broken, she would be in too much pain to move it.
* Revealing mistakes: Throughout the film, various vampire's faces are paled out, but not their ears and necks. In one of the cafeteria scenes, Robert Pattinson's ears are extremely red.
* Boom mic visible: When Charlie brings the truck back with new tires, the boom mike is reflected in the front fender.
* Continuity: In one scene, Edward's car approaches with Oregon license plates. As he spins the car around and drives off, the car has Washington plates.
* Continuity: When Bella and her friends go down to La Push, Bella, Jacob, and his friends all have candy in their hands. It's gone in the next scene, then back in the scene after that.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Jacob confronts Bella at the prom, she is wearing her dress. A few shots later, when Edward cuts in, she is wearing a sweater. If you watch Edward closely, he is holding her sweater, then drapes it over her shoulders before turning away from Jacob.
* Crew or equipment visible: When Edward tells Bella "you better hold on tight, spider monkey" you can see his harness pulling his shirt up.
* Errors in geography: In the dress shop, two flags are in front of the building across the street; the American flag and the Oregon flag (blue with a yellow symbol). Washington's flag is green with a picture of George Washington.
* Continuity: When Bella first sits next to Edward in biology and he visibly recoils, two samples are on their shared desk. Edward nudges one towards her and pulls the other towards himself. In the next shot, they're next to each other in the center of the desk.
* Continuity: In the meadow, Edward and Bella are lying very closely together at first. When the camera angle switches, they are suddenly farther apart.
* Factual errors: Many of the flags in the cafeteria are wrong. The Kenyan flag (green, red and black, with a shield) is upside down; the black stripe should be at the top. Another flag is red, white, and blue, with a red star. It's supposed to be the Yugoslav flag, but Yugoslavia split up in the 1990s, and the flag is actually Croatia's. The South African flag is the apartheid-era flag, which was redesigned in 1994. This may be intentional, to depict the isolation of a small town.
* Revealing mistakes: Throughout the movie you can see the vampires' breath. In the book Edward states they can breathe because it enhances their ability to smell and helps them blend in as 'normal', but you would not be able to physically see their breath because they have no actual body warmth.
* Revealing mistakes: When Dr. Cullen treats Bella in the E.R., the x-ray on the upper left behind him is upside down.
* Revealing mistakes: In the last close-up of the movie, Edward's face is close to Bella's, and his skin is at least 5 shades darker than hers. Vampires are supposed to be the palest of pale.
* Crew or equipment visible: When Bella is wearing a green shirt in her bedroom, you can clearly see the audio wire under her shirt when she lifts her arms up to do something.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Emmett is clearly chewing food in the lunch room. The books mention several times that vampires do not eat, and their food always remained untouched during lunch. (Stephenie Meyer mentions on her website that they kept having to redo those scenes because Emmett kept eating.) However, in the book, Edward mentions that he can eat human food, he just doesn't like it. He compares this to how humans eat food they don't like, to be polite.
* Continuity: The second time Alice pitches to both Rosalie and Jasper, the runner is running from second base before she throws the ball. After both have hit the ball, the runner is just leaving second base.
* Revealing mistakes: When Edward is driving Bella to his house to escape from the Tracker (James), he jumps in the bed of the truck and opens the door to climb inside. When he does that, you can clearly see that it's his stunt double.
* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Edward and Bella are in the car and she says she's warm enough they both go to touch the button, but you can see an early reaction on Edward pulling himself back a bit before they even show him pulling his hand away.
* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): In the book, Charlie tells Bella that Billy is in a wheelchair and can't drive anymore. But when Edward wants Bella to meet his family, Billy is driving instead of Jacob. Billy could be driving a modified car.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Edward is lying next to Bella on her bed, moonlight (sunlight reflected off the moon) is coming in through her window and hitting his face, chest, and hand, but they are not sparkling. However, this could be because Edward is not in *direct* sunlight, therefore it has no effect on him.
* Revealing mistakes: Edward takes Bella up in the mountains, unbuttons his shirt, and shows her his sparkling skin. When he finishes talking to her, he walks around the tree, stops, and waits for the take to end.
* Continuity: As Bella and Edward's fathers are at the second crime scene, Bella asks Edward to turn in to park up. The car moves right to turn in, then the next shot is the car still in lane, and hasn't moved right yet.
* Continuity: In the baseball scene when Carlisle hits ball, you can see Edward and Emmett start to run after it. But, after the close-ups of their faces, they start to run again.
* Revealing mistakes: When Bella is on Edward's back and they are running up the mountain Bella's hair lies flat as if it she were standing. However, if they were going at the speed implied her hair would have been blowing back.
* Revealing mistakes: In the final credits, "Emmett" is misspelled.
* Factual errors: Near the end of the closing credits, a few counties are thanked for their help during filming. Clallam is misspelled "Clallum".
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the beginning, when Charlie is driving Bella to the house, the windshield wipers are on, but it's not raining. On the Olympic Peninsula, rain is so constant that many drivers don't immediately notice when it stops. They often leave their wipers on, especially if their attention is elsewhere - as Charlie's would be with his daughter coming to live with him.
* Crew or equipment visible: When Edward passes Billy and Jacob Black on the road, a man with a cap and equipment is visible in the window.
* Revealing mistakes: In the baseball scene, Rosalie's hat has a "G" on it instead of a "C".
* Continuity: When Bella is searching for information about creatures with the same characteristics as Edward's, you can see some information about Apontamkin (The Cold One: Apontamkin). In the next web page, the creature's/god's name is Apontampkin.
* Continuity: When the Cullens are playing baseball, Rosalie slides into home. When she stands up, there is a large stain on the right side of her white pants from the slide. Later, when they are in the garage getting into the various cars to run from James, Rosalie turns away, and her pants are unstained.
* Continuity: In the diner when Bella and her dad are eating, the label on the A1 bottle faces away from Bella's dad then towards then away in the same scene.
* Continuity: When Charlie comes back with Bella's truck, you can hear rain, but neither the cruiser nor the truck are wet.
* Continuity: When Bella is walking up the hill at school before she tells Edward that she knows he is a vampire, she is wearing mittens. When she enters the woods and drops her backpack, her mittens are gone, though you never see her remove them.
* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Jasper, a senior, would not go on a junior biology field trip.
* Continuity: The dent in the back fender of Bella's truck changes size a lot throughout the movie.
* Continuity: When Rosalie, Emmett, and Edward are leading the tracker away, Rosalie's hair is curled when they leave the garage, then frizzy when she rubs the jacket on the tree, then curled again when they realize the tracker changed course.
* Continuity: In the hotel room, when Alice has the vision of James in the mirror room, light is shining in through the window. They're in Phoenix, where it's sunny, so they should be sparkling.
* Factual errors: Bella starts school in March. A few weeks pass before Billy and Jacob come over "to watch the Mariners game," meaning baseball season has started. Later, when Bella is talking to her mom, she says Phil is still in spring training. Minor League spring training ends in March, before the Major League baseball season.
* Revealing mistakes: Throughout the movie, the vampires' contact lenses are clearly visible in close-ups.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Robert Pattinson's American accent seems to slip into his native British accent several times. However, this may be intentional.
* Crew or equipment visible: When Charlie carries Bella's suitcase into the house, before they climb the stairs, a crew member's arm and shoulder appear on the right side of the screen.
* Crew or equipment visible: When the frat brothers confront Bella, you can see a crew member on the ramp, wearing dark clothes.
* Continuity: When Bella asks where Edward is in the hospital, it pans to a brief shot of Edward slumped against the wall, with his head facing towards Bella. In further scenes he is still slumped against the wall, but his head is facing the opposite direction.
* Continuity: In the scene where Edward takes Bella to meet his family. They are all in the kitchen before Alice and Jasper come in. After Rosalie finds out that Bella has already eaten and she breaks the bowl. It show glass and lettuce all over the floor. Right after it pans out and shows the floor and there is nothing on the floor. The lettuce and glass are gone. After when the scene is ending Esme tells Rosalie to clean up the mess but still the mess is already gone.
* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Edward is driving Bella home, they approach the police station and wonder what's going on. Edward should have been able to determine what was happening by listening to anyone's thoughts at the station.
* Continuity: After Edward reveals himself in the sunlight and tries to frighten Bella, he jumps into a tree. Bella walks under the tree and leans up towards him, while he leans forward towards her. In the close ups they are maybe 6 inches apart, his face beneath his arms, but in the wide shots his face is above his arms, and their faces are a couple feet apart.
* Continuity: In the first scene where Bella and Charlie are in the diner, Bella and Charlie both reach for the ketchup bottle. Charlie allows Bella to use it first, where she squeezes it gently, then pauses, and shakes the bottle before returning it to the table. However, no ketchup ever leaves the bottle.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Bella's mom calls her while escaping James, Bella's phone says 'home'. If Bella had been living in Forks she would probably changed it in her phone. However, if Bella had not accepted that her move to Forks was permanent, OR she still felt Phoenix was "home", especially since she was from there, she may not have changed it.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Bella and Edward first meet in science class they are examining the stages of Mitosis. The correct order of stages is prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase, but Edward mentions anaphase coming before metaphase when he looks into the microscope for the third time. However, they have clearly been provided with prepared slides and are told to "separate and label them into the phases of Mitosis," so Edward was not identifying the order of the phases, but which one he was currently looking at.
* Revealing mistakes: In the first gym scene, a girl who looks about 6 years old is running around in the background.
* Continuity: In the scene where Edward and Bella are talking outside in the rain, when the shot moves from slightly further away to close up, Edward's facial expression is obviously different.
* Continuity: When Bella walks into the biology room for the first time, she walks through the fan. It flashes to Edward and he is fine. And then when it flashes back to Bella she is walking through the fan again.
* Continuity: In biology class, the owl behind Edward changes position through both scenes, also, in one scene the Armadillo on the shelf in the background disappears all together.
* Continuity: When Charlie and Bella pull up to the house in the beginning, Bella's truck is in the driveway. They go to the trunk of the cruiser to get her bags out, when they close the trunk - the truck is gone. Then Billy and Jacob pull up in the truck.
* Revealing mistakes: Clair de Lune is incorrectly listed in the credits as "Claire" de Lune.
* Factual errors: In the ballet studio, James breaks Bella's leg just below the knee. In the prom scene, Bella is wearing a walking brace, intended for ankle or foot injuries. Bella's injury would require a cast or brace that immobilizes her knee.