1. Jacob is alive. Edward is dead.
2. Jacob is warm and cuddly. Edward is an ice cube. He has to cuddle on top of the sheet so Bella doesn’t freeze.
3. Jacob is happy and smiles all the time. Edward is moodier than a PMSing adolescent.
4. Jacob listens to Bella and compromises. Edward decides what’s good for Bella and dictates.
5. Jacob makes Bella happy. Edward makes Bella anxious and obsessive.
6. Jacob and Bella have equal power in their relationship. Edward has all the power.
7. Jacob made Bella sad for two weeks. Edward made Bella suicidally depressed for many months.
8. It takes Jacob one day to apologize for making Bella miserable. It takes Edward most of a year and a whole lot of drama.
9. Bella loves Jacob for his sunny personality. Bella loves Jacob because he smells good and looks pretty.
10. Jacob’s age difference to Bella is two years old. Edward’s is one hundred (robbing the cradle much?)
11. Jacob is only dangerous to Bella when he’s angry. Edward is dangerous all the time (especially once a month: If Bella’s paper cut put him on edge, what does her period do?).
12. To be with Jacob, Bella would live life to its fullest. To be with Edward, Bella would say goodbye to all family and friends and DIE.
13. Did I mention: Jacob is hot? Edward is freezing. Who wants to cuddle with an ice cube?
14. Without Jacob, where is the additional spice to the story? His love for Bella makes the story sizzle with a love triangle that includes a vampire, a human and a werewolf. His being a werewolf widens the magic of Stephenie Meyer's wonderful saga.
it creates a hot conflict and a bomb to the readers. Without Jacob, Edward and Bella's romance would be dull as a dead rat without the threat of Jacob's intimidating yet sincere love for Bella.
15. Unlike Edward, Jacob is light. When I say light, i mean not that hard. Edward takes things TOO seriously sometimes...he can make me feel like he's Bella's dad rather than her boyfriend. Jacob resembles most of the new generation men: funny, sometimes careless and daredevils.
16. Jacob trusts Bella. He knows that she's strong. If you remember in Eclipse, where Jacob and Edward were discussing the recent trouble between their kind because of territorial lines and Victoria, Edward refused to tell Bella what happened
But Jake knew that Bella could handle the truth. He trusts her courage unlike Edward who sometimes can lose his mind worrying over her. He KNOWS Bella doesn't throw up easily.
17. Who ever said that Edward was the only good-looking character in the series? Russet skin matched with a 6'7 figure, composed with well-tones abs is in. Chopped or long, Jacob can make hearts die at the sight of him.
18. MOST IMPORTANTLY: JACOB NEVER LEFT BELLA. Yes, I know, Edward left for Bella's safety. BUT he knew that Bella didn't want him to go away...he knew she NEVER wanted him to leave. But still, he left.
Now, it's his fault that Jacob fell deeply in love with Bella. Imagine, if Edward didn't leave, would Jacob even have a chance to hang out with her when her vampire boyfriend was around?
Of course, we're thankful for Edward's departure because it gave us the chance to recognize our fave werewolf more. It gave us a look on Jacob Black. Edward's departure led to Jake discovering his true identity.
Jacob never wanted to leave Bella. He loved her too much. He was willing to risk everything for her. In BD, Jacob even turned his back on Sam to save Bella's life. Yes, he may have tricked her sometimes, but you know his love is unconditional as Edward's.
There are more reasons but I'll just shorten them a bit.
Jacob may be rude, selfish and irresponsible sometimes but he is one of the main characters of the story. If Harry Potter has Ron Weasley to lighten the series up, Twilight had Jacob Black.
He is Bella's best friend, the one who 'stitched her up' when Edward left. Bella's security blanket. If Jacob had not entered in Bella's life during her Dark Ages, we might read Bella's adventures in a mental facility.
I repeat, I don't hate Edward Cullen. In fact, I like him more than I like Bella but I'm just trying to defend Jacob because I'm getting sick with the insults they throw at him.